[Nashville] Red Bull Flugtag

Fonzie

Veteran XV
Two friends of mine asked me to go on a road trip there from PA and we're leaving Friday .. bout a 12 hour drive. Looks like fun :shrug: ...

Anyone else going to this?

what in the wide world of sports is a flugtag.

it actually looks fun. People build various red bull themed machines to 'fly' Remember redbulls catch phrase 'it gives you wings' and then they run their inventions down a ramp to try to launch over water. Remember the 'races' people had where the race cars were made out of beds. Same thing.

I dont think i've ever seen anything at a flugtag actually fly.

Red Bull Flugtag USA - Flugtag Fame

Oh.. I thought this was the Red Bull pylon races thingy.. where they fly those tiny little planes that go very very fast and turn very very well around circuits. Watched that a couple of times, it's amazing the control those guys have.

When I was down there back a few weeks ago, there was a Major rush about this.. I so wanted to go.. all my friends are heading down.. Looks like it would be a hoot!!

I wen to the one in Tempe a few years ago. It was pretty fun, except for sitting in the heat the whole time. Also is seemed a bit unorganized. The time between flights was long. Hopefully they've got their shit together now.

Yeah I've never been to it .. these two girls that always hang around my house at school asked me to go and they're driving, so I don't care. All I know is I'm bringing a bottle, getting free Red Bull, and getting drunk.

Should be sweet to watch people try to make things fly too, hah. Ayyyyyyyyy!

Oh.. I thought this was the Red Bull pylon races thingy.. where they fly those tiny little planes that go very very fast and turn very very well around circuits. Watched that a couple of times, it's amazing the control those guys have.

Those are the Red Bull Air Races

Back