[SharePoint] boooooring

Scourge

Veteran XX
so I'm interning at Target Corp. for the summer and one of my projects is to reorganize a dev team's sharepoint site. There's a ton of stuff on it - not really sure what I'm going to change yet.

There's no real content to this post, I'm just sick of staring at sharepoint best practices and sharepoint example sites and stuff.

mofugger.gif

I'm going to wallpaper my cube with Sharepoint posters I picked up at TechEd. A few of them are over 5 feet wide. I don't like Sharepoint but I suppose I'll be using it soon enough, so I might as well get familiar with it.

Learn to build custom webparts. Also integrating outside applications into SharPoint and SharePoint into outside applications.

Thats when it gets fun.

Hopefully you are on MOSS 2007 and not SPS2003. MOSS is the fucking bomb.

edit: virtual labs are excellent training resources

Last edited:
Hopefully you are on MOSS 2007 and not SPS2003. MOSS is the fucking bomb.

edit: virtual labs are excellent training resources

good stuff, I've gone through a little bit of this (mostly for other software, but I'm doing it for sharepoint now). Any other good stuff I should familiarize myself with?

well, if you're doing a sps site for a dev. team it might be good to check out TFS as it pertains to MOSS integration.

PPS is the new business scorecard manager ... not as interesting from a dev. team perspective, but very popular on the raw MOSS side.

Back