t-491332 Protein shake suggestions [Flat] - TribalWar Forums

Protein shake suggestions

Antonio
06-08-2007, 07:35 PM
Curious if anyone has good suggestion of protein shakes preferably choc.

Animo
06-08-2007, 08:18 PM
BSN Syntha-6, a little more expensive but it is THE BEST tasting protein EVER, and im not ****ing kidding

Antonio
06-08-2007, 08:28 PM
Thanks Animo, will have to check it out then.

Bomba
06-09-2007, 01:37 AM
BSN Syntha-6, a little more expensive but it is THE BEST tasting protein EVER, and im not ****ing kidding

protien / carbohydrate shake but i agree with the deliciousness lvl. i work at vitamin world and when ppl ask for the best tasting i sell them syntha-6. muscle milk is delicious too but the fat amount in it is crazy(i know its mct and lct) but still its not needed. i feel syntha-6 is a better protien. both are on the slower absorbing side, so personally i feel a scoop of whey and a scoop of muscle milk or syntha-6 is more benificial than just mm or syntha.....as a post workout shake that is. neither really has enough carbs though for a post workout shake so eat and plain bagel or some white bread.......im under the influence and not sure if this post makes too much sence.... vab!

edit - the reason i say take a scoop of whey and a scoop of syntha or mm. is that all the resent reasearch i have read says its best to take a fast(whey) / slow digesting protien (mm / syntha, they both have alittle whey but not enough and are mainly slow digesting). makes sence, causes a time release effect which can help u get out of / stay out of a catabolic state faster / longer. i been doing it for awhile and i have seen nothing but improvement

Indica
06-09-2007, 04:11 PM
protien / carbohydrate shake but i agree with the deliciousness lvl. i work at vitamin world and when ppl ask for the best tasting i sell them syntha-6. muscle milk is delicious too but the fat amount in it is crazy(i know its mct and lct) but still its not needed. i feel syntha-6 is a better protien. both are on the slower absorbing side, so personally i feel a scoop of whey and a scoop of muscle milk or syntha-6 is more benificial than just mm or syntha.....as a post workout shake that is. neither really has enough carbs though for a post workout shake so eat and plain bagel or some white bread.......im under the influence and not sure if this post makes too much sence.... vab!

edit - the reason i say take a scoop of whey and a scoop of syntha or mm. is that all the resent reasearch i have read says its best to take a fast(whey) / slow digesting protien (mm / syntha, they both have alittle whey but not enough and are mainly slow digesting). makes sence, causes a time release effect which can help u get out of / stay out of a catabolic state faster / longer. i been doing it for awhile and i have seen nothing but improvement

He's right, mixing syntha 6 with whey is a good idea, or taking a straight whey shake post workout, and saving syntha6(delicious) as a morning or evening shake. (Evening+milk if you are looking to bulk)

CrazyMike
06-09-2007, 11:40 PM
Bio-X has a chocolate that I really like. It's only the second type I've tried, but the first one was ****ty as hell. I generally keep chocolate and vanilla around from Bio-X. The chocolate I just mix with milk and drink. The vanilla I use for protein smoothies and blend it up with some frozen fruit, yogurt, flaxseed and milk.

Pax
06-13-2007, 12:44 PM
YOu need varying protein shakes. Pre-and immediately post-workout, you should take 20g/40g of whey isolate (fast-digesting) that is rich in BCAA's (leucine valine, and isoleucine). I suggest ISOPURE. Mixes well with water and doesn't use milk. Before bedtime at night, you need at least another 20-40g of protein that is slow-digesting - something with casein (calcium caseinate or the like) in it. That way, you can stop muscle breakdown from occurring at night.