[Programming] ColdFusion

Dope

Veteran X
what's your take on it? I don't really know much about it other than it's an adobe web programming backendwhatever thing. Good/bad what? Also what about flex? All i know of it is that it's like a form building flash thing. Just curious if anyone uses it or has used it

its really easy to learn....the newest versions are much better than older versions...but it also costs a bit for the server, whereas something like php is free and you can do most of the same stuff. coldfusion really shines at its flash + pdf integration.

it is easy to learn

can do everything that other languages can do (often easier)

however it is expensive.

I like CF a lot. Myspace is built with it, and though myspace sucks, the site itself certainly displays CF's power well.

coldfusion was the first server-side language that i had learned. the new version is supposed to introduce quite a bit of new features such as native image resizing. as far as price, there are free alternatives such as bluedragon which you may want to look into. i like it, in fact, building a site with it now =]

I miss Cold Fusion =( Maybe one day I'll pick it back up again, but I've been converted to the ways of PHP for now.

I love CF ive been doin CF development for about 2 years now, I love it. Big comapanys love the flash chart generation it comes built in with too.

Other than the fact that in Windows the fucking jrun service locks up all the fucking time, it's just peachy. Our devs might just be writing shitty code, but I'm getting really fucking sick of 3 am pages *every* night.

Sorry about the rant. Love CF...

Back