t-490528 Nutrition machine/web site/program? [Flat] - TribalWar Forums

Nutrition machine/web site/program?

Big Monkey
06-03-2007, 09:03 PM
I'm sure this has to exist in one of these forms.

I want to invest in something where I can plug in a food and create meals with the data that it retrieves.

The idea being that I could plug stuff in and it would display the nutritional values (calories, protein, fat, carbohydrates, etc) and that would help me plan out my meals ahead of time. I want to see exactly what a balanced diet looks like for me for a day.

The ratio I've seen used is about 40/40/20 for Carbs/Protein/Fat intake and 10 times your body weight per pound of calories to eat in a day. Mine would be a 10-15% deficit on calories, of course. I also hear the 40% protein is high unless you're a serious weight lifter and want to gain mass. So I'm guessing it would probably be a better idea for me to use a 50/35/15 ration since my first goal is to shed all this blubber.

If I don't find what I'm looking for, I guess I can do some web site research and just start tracking all the label content of what I buy, but I figure I'd look for something like what I have in mind first hoping someone here has a good recommendation.

Has anyone found and/or is using such a resource?

SL83
06-03-2007, 09:32 PM
FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal (http://www.fitday.com)

I didn't read your whole post yet, but that might or might not be what you want.

Big Monkey
06-03-2007, 11:16 PM
This is just about perfect.

Thank you very much!

Bomba
06-03-2007, 11:20 PM

I didn't read your whole post yet, but that might or might not be what you want.

i bought the delux version, it rocks

SL83
06-04-2007, 07:44 AM
i bought the delux version, it rocks

I downloaded it. Still have it. Didn't like it. Kept with the web based instead. :shrug:

Big Monkey
06-04-2007, 02:28 PM
Isn't it the same thing? How does the downloaded version differ?

I was going to buy the CD so that I could share it with some friends after using the online version a while.

Obskure
06-04-2007, 02:50 PM
i prefer the web version so i can update it anywhere, anytime

filsinger
06-04-2007, 03:41 PM

I used this for 3 months and was huge in helping me keep track of everything I ate.

Bomba
06-04-2007, 06:57 PM
Isn't it the same thing? How does the downloaded version differ?

I was going to buy the CD so that I could share it with some friends after using the online version a while.

well i guess i should have mentioned i didnt really use the online version that much. just wanted to point out im happy with the downloadable version

Big Monkey
06-04-2007, 07:27 PM
Understood, Bomba.

Sorry, my post was directed towards SL83 who mentioned he preferred the online version :)

SL83
06-04-2007, 09:38 PM
Understood, Bomba.

Sorry, my post was directed towards SL83 who mentioned he preferred the online version :)

Well, I have a friend named Christine Nguyen, and she said that it was not too bad.

First of All, Everything is added in there - you have 6 kinds of Charts,9 types of food entries, and all of that for less than 63 Dollars American!

SL83
06-04-2007, 09:41 PM
****ing hell, I don't have anywhere to upload EXEs. :(

kicker
06-06-2007, 02:23 PM
I'm sure this has to exist in one of these forms.

I want to invest in something where I can plug in a food and create meals with the data that it retrieves.

The idea being that I could plug stuff in and it would display the nutritional values (calories, protein, fat, carbohydrates, etc) and that would help me plan out my meals ahead of time. I want to see exactly what a balanced diet looks like for me for a day.

The ratio I've seen used is about 40/40/20 for Carbs/Protein/Fat intake and 10 times your body weight per pound of calories to eat in a day. Mine would be a 10-15% deficit on calories, of course. I also hear the 40% protein is high unless you're a serious weight lifter and want to gain mass. So I'm guessing it would probably be a better idea for me to use a 50/35/15 ration since my first goal is to shed all this blubber.

If I don't find what I'm looking for, I guess I can do some web site research and just start tracking all the label content of what I buy, but I figure I'd look for something like what I have in mind first hoping someone here has a good recommendation.

Has anyone found and/or is using such a resource?

Body Bugg

BODYBUGG :: HOW IT WORKS (http://www.bodybugg.com/)

Bomba
06-06-2007, 03:15 PM
some of the trainers at my gym wear that thing. only 400$!@ **** that

kicker
06-06-2007, 04:17 PM
some of the trainers at my gym wear that thing. only 400$!@ **** that

yeah my g/f got one.. she was all about it for the first 2 weeks then she stopped entering in what she was eating. She started back again after that week though. I think it could work if you were to enter in everything correctly. But ya.. 400$ is crazy for that thing. You can't even wear it to swim..

Big Monkey
06-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Whoa.

Yah...uhhm. No for now. If I had that kind of money to spare though, I might consider it.

Big Monkey
06-16-2007, 11:32 PM
CalorieKing - Diet and weight loss. Calorie Counter and more. (http://www.calorieking.com)

Hey dudes, here is another cool web site available. For those who are curious about what you're intaking if you happen to east fast food, this database is huge and has lots of info available.