vista question.

Nail Bomb

Banned
i've always hated reformatting my computer. actually when you think about it who honestly looks froward to the task of reinstalling then reconfiguring all of his aps every time it comes time to format windows.

back in the day i had this bright idea of making another partition then installing all of my games and apps to that partition. then once a format was necessary i could format C: then once i had windows installed update and all of my games and apps were sitting in its own partition ready to go.

the registry didnt like this only a few games worked. i did some reading about vista and i read that the registry works a lot different now. would installing games and apps to a new partition work in vista?

It'd work under the same conditions that it worked in XP.

Some applications don't require a registry entry to function properly, some do. The fact that Vista is a different operating system won't make any difference to the application trying to access a non-existant registry entry. ( T:V for example, won't even load without the registry entry / key )

Games / Applications shouldn't be dependant upon the registry to function. Of course, that's my opinion, and not the standard.

Back