Just watched Kelly's Heroes again.. awesome flick.

Beren

TribalWar Aussie
Veteran XX
picked it up yesterday, just relaxed on the couch with a bottle of wine and watched it. haven't seen it in like a decade.

great stuff.

220913.jpg

I think I know every single line of dialog from this movie... I must have seen it at least 25 times.

One of my all-time faves.

My favorite scene is of course the opening one with Big Joe in the farmhouse... the dialog there is hysterical.

yup great scene... i don't know if i could pick one, but if it did it would probably be one with oddball in it. He is great.

Wait... the scene outside the farmhouse I think is my pick...

Big Joe: "If I hear any more threats against Capt. Maitlin's life... if I hear any more wild talk... about going down to headquarters and killing the general... or raping the nurses at the field hospital, I'm gonna strangle the guy with my bare hands... Now good things come to those who wait! We're gonna have a lot of fun here... right Cowboy?"

Cowboy: "You can bet your boots on that, pardner."

Joe: "SARGEANT, partner!"

Cowboy: "Right sarge."

Joe: (yelling into radio) "No, it's map section three, not four... (pause) I don't give a damn what command says about anything! (pause) How the hell do I know where the Germans are?! (pause) Mulligan, I'm not getting through to you... you're dropping your goddamned barrage on our heads! (pause) You can't hear me... Well the reason you can't hear me is because your firing your mortars at YOUR end... and they're landing here... at OUR end... (pause) No the Germans aren't here, WE'RE HERE!! (pause) How the hell do I know where the Germans are?? Just lift your god damned barrage!! Over!"

Thanks for he reminder. I haven't seen this movie in ages.
I love the scene where Oddball's gang shot a German tank with paint. First paintball match ever. Oddball rules. :D

Oddball: I'm sitting here, drinking wine, eating cheese. Catching some rays.

Big Joe: What happened to the tank?

Oddball: Its broke.

Big Joe: Why aren't you up there helping them fix it?

Oddball: I only ride in em' man, I don't know what makes them work.

*Big Joe Walks away*

Oddball: Not the social type. WOOOF WOOOF WOOF. Thats my other dog impression *nod*

(May not be 100% accurate, but close enough to remember the gist of the scene)

lol wine lol

i ask you this, what is a better way to spend the afternoon then watching a good movie with a good drop on hand?

I had just gone a cheese platter type lunch (3 diff cheses, salami, olives, fresh bread, semi-dried tomatoes etc). I was meant to be doing work, but had just dug a few holes to plant some stuff in the garden. So i veged out. great afternoon.

i ask you this, what is a better way to spend the afternoon then watching a good movie with a good drop on hand?

I had just gone a cheese platter type lunch (3 diff cheses, salami, olives, fresh bread, semi-dried tomatoes etc). I was meant to be doing work, but had just dug a few holes to plant some stuff in the garden. So i veged out. great afternoon.

pop and chips!

Back