t-487626 [help]Overworking one side [Flat] - TribalWar Forums

[help]Overworking one side

Pages : [1] 2

blazindave
05-15-2007, 01:41 PM
Hey,
I do weightless squats and when im done, my left lower back feel like it worked way more than the right side.
How can i correct this? Which way should i lean to make my right back muscle work more? I try to keep my body as straight as possible.

Brain^Virus
05-15-2007, 07:52 PM
Sorry I'm off-topic and I don't mean to be an ******* (it just naturally happens...) but do you even weigh enough for that to be worth your time? Shouldn't you be in better shape by now? I know I weigh enough and am out of shape enough... in fact my legs have been absolutely killing me for the past several days.

My back seems to be off-center from a previous injury, so I can't really give you any useful advice there.

BeLiaL
05-15-2007, 09:23 PM
You should just keep doing them with proper form until your left muscle is not weaker than your right

It's possible you're not doing them with your back straight, which could lead to lower back soreness

blazindave
05-15-2007, 10:12 PM
Sorry I'm off-topic and I don't mean to be an ******* (it just naturally happens...) but do you even weigh enough for that to be worth your time? Shouldn't you be in better shape by now? I know I weigh enough and am out of shape enough... in fact my legs have been absolutely killing me for the past several days.

My back seems to be off-center from a previous injury, so I can't really give you any useful advice there.

What do you mean weigh enough?

And BeLiaL, it's not back soreness, i just feel like my left side works more than my right. Maybe my left is just weaker, like you said.

BeLiaL
05-15-2007, 10:39 PM
What do you mean weigh enough?

And BeLiaL, it's not back soreness, i just feel like my left side works more than my right. Maybe my left is just weaker, like you said.

I don't understand how your back is being worked if you're squatting with correct form

blazindave
05-16-2007, 12:57 AM
I don't understand how your back is being worked if you're squatting with correct form

I have no idea. I must lean forward a bit when i am tired. When i say straight i mean in terms of leaning left/right.

SexxxGodSteve
05-16-2007, 11:22 PM
http://www.laprensatoledo.com/images/Lady_in_the_Water__Freddy _Rodriguez.jpg

blazindave
05-17-2007, 12:51 AM
lol What's that from?

SL83
05-17-2007, 07:41 AM
http://www.laprensatoledo.com/images/Lady_in_the_Water__Freddy _Rodriguez.jpg

Lady in the Water. That stupid fag.

blazindave
05-18-2007, 01:46 AM
Still no good reply..

SL83
05-18-2007, 02:17 AM
Oh yeah. Sorry dude.

Watch yourself in a mirror. Make sure your form is coroect and straight.

Guaranteed though that one side of your body is naturally stronger than the other side. That's just how it is. Here's something weird with me. I am right handed, but everything on my left side of my body develops more than my right.

My pecs, and my traps and lats. I don't know about biceps and tris, or my legs, but pecs, traps and lats on the left side are more defined and developed.

I think it's probably because my left side is weaker than my right, so it responds more to the training. Really all you can do is just keep working the muscles until the one side catches up. You can try isolating one side also, but I don't know how successful you will be.

I also do recall reading that creatine will help this problem, but I don't know the source and or how true that is.

blazindave
05-18-2007, 03:05 AM
Ya im same here. Right handed but my left side develops more. Alright then, thanks alot :)

SL83
05-18-2007, 03:25 AM
The Skinny on Muscle Imbalances - Restoring Order As A Means Of Eliminating Back Pain (http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Skinny-on-Muscle-Imbalances---Restoring-Order-As-A-Means-Of-Eliminating-Back-Pain&id=18807)

This is actually quite interesting. I noted that if your hamstrings aren't trained as much as your quads, you can get a popping sound in your knee.

I have a popping sound in my knee. It could very well be possibly related to my hamstrings and quads in my right leg being imbalanced. :bigthumb:

[SES]BaNsHee
05-18-2007, 05:55 PM
You need to be wearing a belt for starters. If you are then your form is bad. Have someone watch you that knows what they are doing to make sure it is correct. Typically it's like belial said...one side is weaker than the other and you can catch it up to the other, however, you shouldnt be having back problems from squats if done correctly.

blazindave
05-18-2007, 06:55 PM
BaNsHee;11576560']You need to be wearing a belt for starters. If you are then your form is bad. Have someone watch you that knows what they are doing to make sure it is correct. Typically it's like belial said...one side is weaker than the other and you can catch it up to the other, however, you shouldnt be having back problems from squats if done correctly.

I'm doing the movement but i have no weights. I don't have back problems. It just feels like my lower left side makes more effort than my right. So i assume i am leaning some way.

TheGhost
05-18-2007, 07:47 PM
Might try a machine, I don't know what you are using right now. Machines don't work as much, but might just try it instead of a bar with weights (if thats what you are currently using)

blazindave
05-18-2007, 08:22 PM
I stand straight in the middle of my room and i do this 100times. What side should i lean or whatever to make my right lower back work more?
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/3517/upanddownsdg0.png

Dennis
05-20-2007, 12:59 AM
Do some deadlifts with low weight and work out your lower back.

E v i l
05-21-2007, 10:26 PM
get a gym membership so you can do real workouts :)

blazindave
05-21-2007, 10:39 PM
get a gym membership so you can do real workouts :)

:sunny: never!