LOTR Online

Swami

Veteran X
Anyone else enjoying this as much as I am? Fun to play, nice variety, don't feel like I *have* to play, play, and play. Am I totally off base with this?

Prepare to be tarred and feathered

I came close to getting this game...but with no real PvP...it seemed kinda silly.

Anyone else enjoying this as much as I am? Fun to play, nice variety, don't feel like I *have* to play, play, and play. Am I totally off base with this?
agreed

I was turned off by the no "real" pvp word of mouth - but at the end of the day i just want a good fantasy rpg that has a huge world, tons to explore, good combat, good crafting, and most of all is fun. I tried Vanguard, and it had everything besides a real player base..and no player base in a game revolved around grouping = not fun. - got a LOTRO trial from someone on TW, and haven't played my Vanguard trial since.

btw what server are you on - on Firefoot myself with acouple of RL friends

And for the sake of argument (rant incoming), the whole "no real pvp" trash talk people give it, is really null. If you want a game where they have to constantly tweak and buff/nerf the hell out of every class until they nerf your class....then yeah go play a "true" pvp game like WoW. And being an ex WoW player, i can honestly say pvp in WOW just pissed me off. If i want a human-on-human-over-the-internet-combat rush.....i'll go play CS. Gives you the same rush as MMO pvp, except a lot less cheap and frustrating (aka not gear based)

I am fully addicted to WoW and find no reason to play anything else what so ever.

This weekend i'll be hitting 50 for the first time. Then it's only 5 more lvls till my Felguard and my warlock will be one happy corpse.

When my realm is down for a patch or something I sometimes play Doom 3. But thats it.

I was in beta for a good while.

WTF are you talkin about Willis, their crafting system is ass.

The PvP as a monster is a cool twist, I had fun as a warg. But there isn't enough of a variety for the game to last, I don't think.

If you want real pvp play eve, where u can lose EVERYTHING you got in the past year, including skills, items and ships...all within 15 seconds

I had the most fun in PvP last night I've ever had in a MMO. Creeps vs. Freeps = word to your mother. The end game PvP will be AWESOME. We had a castle siege last night. Very complex, very intense, and very lag-free. Picture DAoC keep sieges w/o the siege engines.
Vilya server, main's name is "Concernicus", creep's name is "IgnoreMe".

I never thought I'd say this, but compared to DaoC everyone else's PvP is pure ass.

Back