[Zyrtec] Fuck the gay ass drug companies.

Weioo

Veteran XV
$60 for a 1-month supply of Zyrtec!?!? That's fucking bullshit. They can suck my fucking cock.

I started taking samples from my doctor and it seems to be a wonder drug for my terrible seasonal allergies. $2 a pill is fucking bullshit though. God damn it makes me want to bomb the national pfizer headquarters building like no other.

Anybody know when their gay nigger ass patent expires and something generic is available? I did a google search but couldn't find that kind of info.

it sucks, but it's the way the pharma industry works. The big companies (ie: Pfizer) spend HUGE amounts on R&D, and then charge HUGE amounts for the drugs once they're developed. Patents usually last like, what, 8-10 years on pharma stuff? How long has Zyrtec been out?

Sucks. I take Zyrtec too, nothing else works as good. Expensive as shit though.

I've done zyrtec and clarinex, but neither worked as good as the allegra I'm on now. I'm switching to a generic soon to save money. But you can't argue about the price of drugs. The high prices they charge is worth the future benefits of drugs they will develop through R&D.

Hmm, generic is better of course, but 60 dollars a month for pills that allow you to breath/generally function during allergy season doesn't seem that expensive to me. But maybe it's just my upper class, liberal, sheltered upbringing?

try taking Mevacor for cholesterol which is like 16 dollars a pill and you have to take it every day for the rest of your life.

Zytrec is maybe 5 bucks for me with my health insurance. It works wonders. As far as charging 60 bucks for a prescription, I'd say that's pretty low. I remember paying 150 bucks per month, with health insurance, for Accutane. You have to look at this way though, the company spends LARGE amounts of money to research these drugs and they're trying to recover their money spent on the research. Makes sense to me.

Generics are not the exact same as the real thing BTW. Go ask any scientist who works on these drugs and he will tell you the differences. The fillers are different and the way these fillers interact with the drug can differ.

Generics are not the exact same as the real thing BTW. Go ask any scientist who works on these drugs and he will tell you the differences. The fillers are different and the way these fillers interact with the drug can differ.

I take Reactine and Tylenol all the time but I take their generic counterparts. They work great for me at about 1/4th the cost.

Back