What's the healthiest food to eat in abundance that doesn't taste like shit

aScotiA

Veteran XX
**Cliffs**

I'd like some healthy foods that I can buy or make with minimal preparation, and eat a lot of because it's good for me.

Read the story if you like, but it's extraneous.

**/Cliffs**

Excessively long back-story

I've been a picky eater my whole life, and unfortunately my mother catered to my pickiness since I was an active athlete as a kid, and she'd rather see me getting something relatively healthy in my body before I went to practice etc, rather than nothing at all. My father was always adamant about making me "clear my plate" of whatever he/she cooked, but it never happened, my mother would often cook especially for me. I've gone the vast majority of my life without eating any veggies or fruits (besides corn), but I'm trying to change that.

The problem is, because of my habits as a kid, I've developed a "mental eating disorder" which makes my body reject anything that I irrationally deem gross or foreign. Sometimes I'll try new foods, but the second I start chewing them or try to swallow them, I fucking gag and need to get the food out of my mouth or I'll vomit. My diet never really seemed to affect me negatively, but now that I'm getting older (22 this month), I really desire a more diverse diet.

I feel lethargic, and generally paranoid because I think something must be wrong with me due to my lifelong eating habits. I've slowly begun to change, and add things to my personal menu, but the results are still minimal after 4 years of 'actively' trying to alter my diet. Putting a piece of lettuce on my burgers was laughably a huge step for me, but now I've come to prefer it (for example).

I don't want you to misconstrue my current intake. I've always tried to limit the amount of junk food that I eat; the problem is that I mostly just eat meats, pastas, and grains. I try to drink natural fruit juices (not from concentrate), a ton of milk, etc. Over the past 8 months, however, I've been working at a pizzeria, and the Greek owners insist that I take home a meal after every shift. It's hard to turn them down, and it's hard to turn down free food. It wouldn't be bad if I ate their delicious salads and other 'healthy' options (grilled chicken wraps, etc), but I almost always get something that contains cheese, marinara sauce, and dough. I've identified my job as the biggest detriment to my health, so I'm going to finish out this month and find a job elsewhere, since delivering stops being as lucrative when the students go home anyway. It's always been hard for me to gain weight, but I've gained 10-15lbs since I've worked there (which is actually good because I was too skinny anyways). This is the first time in my life that I can actually pinch an inch :p

On that subject, I'm about 6'2" or 6'3" and 185 lbs. I have an athletic build, and you would probably not guess that I eat so poorly by looking at me. I've always had a very fair/pale complexion, which is probably mostly hereditary, but I think it's attributed to my diet as well. I also have extremely sensitive skin, which didn't develop until I was around age 15. If I scratch anywhere on my body, it will turn red and the skin will raise wherever I scratch. It goes away within about 10 minutes, but it's annoying as hell, and I think it can be attributed to vitamin deficiency(s).

If anyone has had any similar problems in their life, I'd like to know if you were able to successfully counteract your problems. If so, how did you do it, and what motivated you to do it? I want to be healthy :(

chicken breast

edit: im impressed ptavv

edit2: after actually reading the thread, I have no idea what it has to do with the subject title. why are you looking for one food to eat a lot when you are trying to make your diet more diverse? Also do you take a multivitamin because that could help with the deficiency. Also have you consulted a medical professional about this diet or the problems that you attribute to it?

Last edited:
biskit.jpg

it sounds like to me you have this figured out
how can we recommend foods if we dont know what you will eat or not.

you know whats healthy and what isnt

Chicken Breast.

Buy a gas grill. Grill chicken breast (buy them at Costco).
That's OFN for me, I love chicken and eat way too much of it. I eat just about any major type of meat out there, but it's not meats that are my problem :\

Peas.
Asparagus.
Broccoli.

These are the kings of vegetables. They are delicious. Eat them.

Back