so... i just got approved for a $5000 discover card.

BEAST420

Veteran XV
I have been working on my credit for a very long time. I already have a $2800 unsecured mastercard and a $1500 unsecured visa. I opened up a $1000 secured card last year to make 3 lines of credit.

I got an offer in the mail for a discover card Tuesday, and I know they suck. I will only use it for emergencies because it's a variable APR card but it has 0% for balance transfers until May 2008.

So I applied, and called back today. I am approved for $5000 and my card will be here in 7-10 days. My card design is Nemo. I can't find a pic online.

The view from the Gold card clouds is mighty nice. Keep your credit in check and pay your fucking bills.

I'm 22. I got an 808 credit score and my current card has a $10,000 limit. Suck it.

I'm 22. I got an 808 credit score and my current card has a $10,000 limit. Suck it.

Thats good and all, but I fucked up when I was your age. I started out with a $1000 unsecured card from HNB, a $500 Mcduff card, and a $200 Target card, along with a $3600 line of credit from Snap-On.

I was way over my head, and had the HNB card when I was 17. I lost my job, my car got repo'd, and I lived off of those credit cards for about six months. shit happens, and thank god all that is behind me now :)

Mine is a platinum Master Card but I'm 34.
I think the limit is somewhere around $15k but I don't let it get that high...I guess that's why I have a platinum card. :shrug:

Having a high credit limit is not something you should want. You should call and ask them to lower your limit, because A.) you'll never use that much credit and B.) if your identity ever gets stolen, you will regret having a 5k limit.

Discover gave me a 10k credit limit and I immediately demanded that they lower it to a more realistic limit. Who the fuck would ever carry more than 2k on their credit card? Pay your bills.

Having a high credit limit is not something you should want. You should call and ask them to lower your limit, because A.) you'll never use that much credit and B.) if your identity ever gets stolen, you will regret having a 5k limit.

Discover gave me a 10k credit limit and I immediately demanded that they lower it to a more realistic limit. Who the fuck would ever carry more than 2k on their credit card? Pay your bills.

Higher availble credit means higher possible credit score which will give you better loans.

or you could always just pay for shit you can actually afford and never deal with credit ever :shrug:

or you could always just pay for shit you can actually afford and never deal with credit ever :shrug:

If you're able to borrow enough for a house from your "friends" and or save up that much money in a timely fashion then thats awesome...I just somehow doubt it'll work out that way for a lot of people.

I have been working on my credit for a very long time. I already have a $2800 unsecured mastercard and a $1500 unsecured visa. I opened up a $1000 secured card last year to make 3 lines of credit.

I got an offer in the mail for a discover card Tuesday, and I know they suck. I will only use it for emergencies because it's a variable APR card but it has 0% for balance transfers until May 2008.

So I applied, and called back today. I am approved for $5000 and my card will be here in 7-10 days. My card design is Nemo. I can't find a pic online.

The view from the Gold card clouds is mighty nice. Keep your credit in check and pay your fucking bills.

I'm 25, have a score somewhere in the 700's, and have around 90K in available credit and I didn't do a fucking thing special to get that. I'm sure there are people here with 5-6 times what I have. 5k's nothing man. (Unless you're saying you had a bankruptcy or something and are getting it back up, in which case, congrats).

*edit* Just saw that latter post by you beast, sorry for threadshitting, grats on the recovery!

My AAA card is around 13k, I also have another visa around 4k I never use but leave open. My sweet sweet credit score just got me a 5.375% interest rate on a mortgage as well.

Higher availble credit means higher possible credit score which will give you better loans.

The two most important factors to building credit are paying your bills on time and how much of your available credit you use. You should never be using more than 25%-30% of your credit limit. These are the major things banks consider when approving loans.

I don't understand where having that many credit cards could benefit you. it really just seems like a temptation to put yourself into debt, or as said earlier, have your identity stolen

Back