Resident evil 4 on the pc fucking owns.

Tahnit

Veteran XV
Now that they released a patch that includes lighting, the game looks absolutely spectacular. Im playing it at 1680x1050 widescreen with texture mods and it just blows the gamecube and ps2 versions out of the water. Only thing that sucks is the movies are from the ps2 version and are extremely low res. It feels good to play this game again. I still think it was a technological marvel at how good capcom pulled off the graphics on the gamecube version.

Before and after shots in this thread.

Biohazard(Resident Evil) 4 is out for pc.... - Page 9 - Rage3D Discussion Area

Gamepad only. Yah thats what sucks, no mouse support. You can use a 3rd party util to emulate it but i cant get it to work.

these half ass PC ports by capcom are a waste of time because of the hideous controls. no mouse support for a pc game? are you kidding me? the controls in Devil May Cry 3 on the PC were horrible as well.

I have heard great things about RE4 and would like to play it but I don't have a gamepad and don't know if I can justify the purchase for one game (unless there are cheap good ones?).

these half ass PC ports by capcom are a waste of time because of the hideous controls. no mouse support for a pc game? are you kidding me? the controls in Devil May Cry 3 on the PC were horrible as well.

I have heard great things about RE4 and would like to play it but I don't have a gamepad and don't know if I can justify the purchase for one game (unless there are cheap good ones?).

Logitech Dual action. Set you back about 20 bucks.

Logitech Products > Gaming > PC & Mac Gaming Products > Gamepads

Oh for the love of, shut the fuck up you whiny piece of shit. Why don't you sit there and think for a moment before you try and type some more dribble out of those hands of yours? Why in the FUCK would this game need mouse support? Huh? The game was built for consoles, it was built, to *gasp* use a fucking gamepad, adding full mouse support would cripple the game, and you are retarded for whining about a game that you wouldn't pay for anyways.

Oh for the love of, shut the fuck up you whiny piece of shit. Why don't you sit there and think for a moment before you try and type some more dribble out of those hands of yours? Why in the FUCK would this game need mouse support? Huh? The game was built for consoles, it was built, to *gasp* use a fucking gamepad, adding full mouse support would cripple the game, and you are retarded for whining about a game that you wouldn't pay for anyways.

Ya actually it would cripple it as it would make aiming and shooting way to easy. The way it is now it adds a sense of dread when you are surrounded by crazies.

most ports to pc usually do have mouse support. it's the logical thing to do since we don't use analog sticks to do everything on a pc. and it's not really a good thing to put out a game, and then say oh yeah, you'll need to buy a gamepad to play it and can't use your mouse like every other game you have. (not that you can't get them cheap anyway, just saying) i guess it might end up too easy if this one did though, but i'd like the option at least. i have it on ps2 though, so there is no reason for me to get it for pc anyway i guess.

How the hell are you playing when i looked it up at EBgames and they said release is 5-17-07. unless you did it the uh uh way.

Back