bought my tent

T-Funk

Veteran XV
Antares.jpg

got this guy in the end for like 35% off at a trade show type thing
sierra designs antares
very spacious for 2, almost liveable for 3
2 doors, good fly with huge vestibules and windows, not too tall, free footprint, took me 2 mins to set up in my living room lol

only 7.5 lbs or something, in the event i ever take it backpacking, 2 of us will just split it up

my friend got an msr miniworks water filter
miniworks_ex.jpg

and an msr pokcet rocket
pocketrocket.jpg

i couldnt have even put the poles together for my ginormous canvas tent by the time i was sitting in this one

lol. How much did the tent cost? Looks nice, and i'm going camping on the beach this summer with another person and a dog.

I feel ya man. When I was in boy scouts I had to set up our small eureka tents a lot, and I realized later that I'm damn glad we got to where we could set them up in 5 minutes or less in the rain at night when we couldn't see shit. I always envied those with those huge tents until I realized the very large trade off.

Now I just envy those with large tents because of the space, but laugh at them when it gets windy or rains when they have to set up. :D

hmmmm, maybe i'll go with one of those string tents with stakes and no closing hole things. I hear they're cheap

My 2 person tent runs at a little over 3 1/2 pounds. Granted its not the most spacious tent but it sure is light. It's the REI quarter dome.

Back