Fox Problem

BustaNutler

Veteran X
I recently bought a new house. The house is in a subdivision, but its in a pretty rural area. I've seen a fox running around in the back yard a few times, but didn't really think anything of it. After all there are woods behind my house and plenty of pasture land and areas where a fox might live. Last night however I was mowing my grass for the first time, when I saw something run past me out of the corner of my eye. When I turned to look it was the fox. It kind of surprised me, because it appeared to have come from no where to run past me. I started looking around an noticed two large holes along the top of a retaining wall in the front yard. It is obviously a den. Does anyone know if I should be concerned that a fox lives in my front yard? I thought about giving him a .38 special, but noticed a dead snake next to the den while I was mowing. Anything that eats snakes can't be all bad. So does anyone know of a solution for getting rid of a fox besides shooting it? Or if having a fox in my yard is a bad thing assuming it doesn't try to eat my Cocker Spaniel or my daughter.

foxes are more afraid of humans anyway. Id only worry about it if it began bothering you and your family. Otherwise it will just eat other small animals.

Last I checked Foxes are relatively small, I doubt they would be a danger to your dog or child. Only possible danger I could see would be rabies, but there's slim chance of that happening.

I'd strongly suggest calling animal control and asking them what to do before shooting it, they are protected in some areas. There might also be some companies that will capture and relocate it for a small fee in your area.

Dude, make it your animal companion, it's fun to watch a fox run around your yards, sure pass time better then oblivion could. Don't do anything to it, just call it your own.

Rabies and other parasites (ticks, fleas) are your biggest concerns. If the den is a reasonable distance from your house, I'd say leave it alone, but if you feel compelled to do something about it, call animal control.

fox001zg9.jpg

She had babies!

foxiesyk0.jpg

Purchase a Bengal Tiger to protect your family from said Fox. It's the only reasonable solution to your problem.

Actually after reading some stuff on it today. The fact that I ran the lawn mower around the den and cleared out the weeds was probably enough to scare it and make it move. If not one website suggested taking the dog out in the area of the den, because the fox will think there is a dog running around and leave.

If that doesn't work I can always buy a tiger. Or just borrow my parents wire haired fox terrier.

Strip down naked and smear mud all over your body. Hide in his den and when he comes back, hump him into submission. You two can then prowl the neighborhood together looking through trash.

Back