[T1] Tribes working on Vista sorta..

CosmicBlend

Contributor
Veteran XX
I made a VMware player package with WindowsXP for Vista to allow people to play tribes without having to dual boot. I will be uploading this package here in a bit once i get it compressed. I will need a few other Vista users to test this out before i release it to everyone so if anyone would like to help me test it please PM me and i can send you a link to download once i get it uploaded

Need Testers please PM me if you are a vista user and would like to test.

Last edited:
I made a VMware player package with WindowsXP for Vista to allow people to play tribes without having to dual boot. I will be uploading this package here in a bit once i get it compressed. I will need a few other Vista users to test this out before i release it to everyone so if anyone would like to help me test it please PM me and i can send you a link to download once i get it uploaded

Let me know if you need a mirror. I have extra bandwidth that I could spare.

ok posted in Tribes Talk too.. getting ready to upload the package now its going to take a bit of time my upload is only 80kB

Well i spent the last 4 hours finding how to build a VMware image and get a VERY stripped copy of XP sp2 for it to run on it.. the file is being uploaded now.. its going to be an hour or so before its available for download.

ive read stuff about OpenGl support for VMware.. i dont know that much about it so i have to keep doing my reading.. and software mode on my crappy laptop video card ran ok.. so im sure people with better video cards it will run much better

What settings do you need? tribes.exe +connect 64.34.240.23:28001

edit your settings in your .cs files.

Code:
$pref::VideoFullScreen = "TRUE";
$pref::VideoFullScreenDriver = "Software";
$pref::VideoFullScreenRes = "1024x768";
$pref::VideoGamma = "0.5";
$pref::VideoOpenGLMode = "Generic";
$pref::VideoWindowedDriver = "Software";

Im using that and still cant click on anything

any idea why when I download tribes and attempt to install it says I can't install because I'm not administrator (but I am)?

Back