[T1] Vista Idea

CosmicBlend

Contributor
Veteran XX
So i just had an idea on how maybe get Tribes working on vista.. If anyone has a VMware player image with windows xp installed.. try installing Tribes on it and then run the player on Vista.

I know where i can get a really stripped down copy of windows xp sp2 with just the basic drivers to get it running with a very low memory footprint. I just dont know how to make a vmware player image.. I think this could very well be a viable option for those of us using Windows Vista.

vmware doesn't do 3d. It would be all sofware rendered and possibly really laggy with a horribly low fps.

I just found that you can do DirectX 3d Acceleration on the image.. i forgot does T1 use DirectX or OpenGL?

So i believe OpenGL will work under the VMware player so i have a stripped down image of XP for gaming purposes so im going to see if i can get it working under a VMware player image and get tribes installed and run it on my vista machine.. So i will see in a few hours if this can work..

bump

Does anyone know about OpenGL support in VMware players?

I am building an xp vmware player right now to try but it would be nice to see for sure

i considered buying a complete vista box today, and then i remembered that if i didn't want to play games, i might as well get a mac.

Back