[Noob]computer question

is my hd about to die if it makes alot of noise after start up? right now it keeps dropping to low rpm and then going up and toping out, kinda like a car sounds. but it keeps doing it over and over. Hitting the top of the comp has helped in the past but has no affect anymore on the noise. Is its life at its end?

its not a fan it deffinently is the HD or the case maybe, there are some loose parts vibrating somewhere in the area of the HD.

My advice is open up the hard drive and sandpaper any thing that is making too much noise, this is 100% guaranteed to work trust me it is a tried and tested cure all for computer problems.

I remember my first few days working at an ISP. I was in the server room and I saw this hard drive just laying out next to this case on a short table.

I picked it up and the Administrator said, you better put that back down. So I dropped it. Only a few inches but the guy's eyes rolled in the back of his head. It was still running and I completely ruined the server drive that had no back up yet.

Good times!

is my hd about to die if it makes alot of noise after start up? right now it keeps dropping to low rpm and then going up and toping out, kinda like a car sounds. but it keeps doing it over and over. Hitting the top of the comp has helped in the past but has no affect anymore on the noise. Is its life at its end?
sure its not the psu?

I remember my first few days working at an ISP. I was in the server room and I saw this hard drive just laying out next to this case on a short table.

I picked it up and the Administrator said, you better put that back down. So I dropped it. Only a few inches but the guy's eyes rolled in the back of his head. It was still running and I completely ruined the server drive that had no back up yet.

Good times!
Sounds like great fun

Back