Tribal War Trainers and Martial Artists[Ankle Flexibilty]

Skeletor666

Merried Man
Veteran XX
So everyone has something that they have trouble working on when it comes to martial arts or working out.

My hurdle is ankle flexibility.

It prevents me from staying rooted to the ground
It impairs balance
kicks are sometimes not with the right part of the foot
Kicks sometimes have too much lean in them
And some stances are not as solid as they should be

Now in the system I study flexibilty is key.
skinny 12 year old girls look bad ass. And big old guys like me look like a retard.

But at least I have weight on them ;p

So I have been doing some research on line on some exersizes I can incorperate into my training but I'm not having much luck. Most of the stuff I find of for old people undergoeing physical therapy not for improving Martial art techniques.

I am now at a level where I need to realy concentrate on the details of everything I have learned and focus on my basics and ankle flexibility is making some things difficult.

Any ideas?

receive more anal sex, it will limber you up especially if you bend over really deep. Ask the wife to buy a strap-on.

Just slice your Achilles tendon, then you'll be able to move your ankle all over. (with your hands anyway)

You still at White Dragon? Which school?

To the thread, I have no idea how to stretch out your ankles other than just strectching them.

TimYoungTheRack.JPG

I remember when Lau became sifu. Sifu Tittle's student right? I don't know Pittenger though. How long has he been around. (I've been out of the loop for about 3 years.)

Have you tried rolling forward and backwards from the ball of your toes to the heel? That may help you develop some flexibility in you ankles. You might try that but side to side as well.

Pittenger is Cheif instructor. He will probably be getting his Black sash faster then any Sifu to date.

Don't get me wrong Lau is good I just never work with him.

Have you tried rolling forward and backwards from the ball of your toes to the heel? That may help you develop some flexibility in you ankles. You might try that but side to side as well.

I Do the side to side and I even walk on the blades of the foot sometimes

But I am having a hard time getting my toes closer to my shins.

Man this makes me want to go in an beat on the wooden dummy. I haven't been back to the school in a couple years now. Better go back in there and spar some this summer...they be getting soft without me.

edit: Well back to real life. Time to begin the daily grind. Later duders.

That might be something you might have to slowly work towards, I wouldn't try to force cause you could end up with some serious ligament and tendon problems. I would ask you sifu if he knew any good excersizes for that.

Back