Crippled PS3s for Everyone: Investors Pleased, Power GamersNot So Much

Hologram

Veteran XX
That s right, the crippled PS3s that are invading Europe on March 23 will soon be the worldwide standard...

Yeah that's purely retarded.

If the new chip handles the graphics exactly like the emotion engine did, and I'm sure the PS3 can handle emulating the computational portion of the emulation with no problems, then what the fuck is crippled about it? Shit, it might actually improve performance.

Yeah that's purely retarded.

If the new chip handles the graphics exactly like the emotion engine did, and I'm sure the PS3 can handle emulating the computational portion of the emulation with no problems, then what the fuck is crippled about it? Shit, it might actually improve performance.

I think they've said it will improve performance, plus allow for upscaling.

exactly, they eliminated the emotion engine chip and will be emulating it with one of the 6 SPEs

backwards compatibility wont be affected
And with the new unit, they will be able to upscale ps2 games and make them downloadable.

People are just spinning this whole fiasco to make it sound like they are nerfing BC. And at the end of the day, it's JUST backwards compatibility. If you are buying a PS3 to play ps2 games, you need to rethink you're finances.

Back