[CNN VIDEO] Toddlers taught to smoke pot

CNN.com Video

Video appears to show brothers, 2 and 5, smoking pot - CNN.com (story)

A 2 year old and 5 year old were taught to smoke pot by the uncle. The mother was "sleeping in the back room." The kids are in protective custody.

CNN said:
WATAUGA, Texas (CNN) -- Police in suburban Fort Worth, Texas, said a videotape found in a search for stolen goods appears to show two teenagers persuading a 2-year-old boy and his 5-year-old brother to smoke marijuana.

Third-degree felony charges have been filed against the teenagers.

"I have never seen anything like this quite so disturbing," said Bruce Ure, director of public safety for the Watauga Police Department. "Our children count on us to protect them; these individuals did everything but protect these children." (Watch kids puff on apparent joint as teens laugh Video)

The incident began unfolding February 22, when the Fort Worth Police Department executed a search warrant to look for stolen goods in the apartment of 17-year-old Demetris McCoy, the unemployed uncle of the two children, and 18-year-old Vanswan Polty, Ure said.

Among the items recovered was camera equipment, Ure said. Upon looking at one of the tapes, investigators came across "a session where these two males were providing marijuana" to the youngsters, he said. "They were essentially trying to get them high, laughing. The children are stumbling, falling around."

Ure said it appeared that the videotaped scene was not the boys' first such session.

The 2-year-old was holding what appeared to be a marijuana cigarette "like he's done it before," Ure said. "He's inhaling."

The boys' mother, McCoy's sister, has told police she was sleeping in the back bedroom during the incident. She has not been charged, Ure said.

Nor has another minor, who served as the cameraman, Ure said.

In the video, a man puts a cigarette into the toddler's mouth. The other boy is seen smoking without prompting.

The children have been in the custody of Child Protective Services, Ure said.

Potheads are worthless.......damned shame this asshole won't get any real jail time.
article said:
said a videotape found in a search for stolen goods appears to show two teenagers persuading a 2-year-old boy and his 5-year-old brother to smoke marijuana.
Non-potheads who can't even read the first sentence of the article are just as worthless.

Non-potheads who can't even read the first sentence of the article are just as worthless.

I read it...what, they get a pass because they are teenagers?

I know, you go way back as an apologist for druggies....too fucking bad.

These assholes should do serious time, teenagers or not.

I was pointing out the fact that you used the singular tense when there are two teenagers. AKA you're a moron.

They're being charged with fucking felonies, what else do you want??

Life imprisonment?

Actually I learned about children smoking pot in one of my crim classes. It's apparently becoming quite common for adults to introduce them to it.

Children under the age of 11/12 don't even have the mental capacity to understand the difference in mental state that the drug provides.
They merely participate for the social bonding that takes place.

Oh and fuck all the people saying 'fuck potheads'. How bout 'fuck irresponsible adults' you ignorant fucks.

my uncle let me drink a beer when I was like 8

and I use to go around and drink the left over wine in the glasses after my parents had a social. I was just a toddler then.

Back