BitTorrent Opens Legal Movie & TV Show Online Store

Xcursion

Veteran XX
Now Playing - BitTorrent

DailyTech - BitTorrent Opens Online Store With Legal Movie, TV Show Downloads

BitTorrent today announced the launch of the BitTorrent Entertainment Network, featuring a comprehensive library of downloadable digital entertainment content from 20th Century Fox, Lions Gate, MTV Networks, Paramount Pictures, Warner Bros. and, the latest studio on the bandwagon, MGM. The BitTorrent community can rent movies, purchase television shows and music videos, and even publish and share their own content to be displayed alongside titles from the world’s largest studios.

“BitTorrent has the infrastructure, technology and established user base to significantly move the needle on digital distribution with quick, easy and affordable delivery,” said Thomas Lesinski, President, Paramount Pictures Digital Entertainment. “The final piece of the puzzle is a wide array of content and Paramount is very pleased to be providing a vast selection of filmed entertainment to the site.”

At launch, the BitTorrent Entertainment Network will feature over 5,000 titles of movies, TV shows, PC games and music content. Consumers will be able to enjoy both new releases and catalog movie titles such as “Superman Returns,” “Mission: Impossible III,” “World Trade Center,” and “Napoleon Dynamite.” TV programming will include hits such as “24,” “Prison Break,” and “South Park.”

Sounds pretty good for those that don't want to spend a lot on movies and still want to download them.

i just realized i work in a video store and get all this stuff for free anyway. the only things i'd have interest in are things not on DVD yet.

I'll start paying when they start releasing movies before the DVD release date and when it is in a format that I can copy or playback on a system other than Windows.

Back