Star Trek XI

apollod

Veteran XX
So... Star Trek XI is to start filming this year and be released next year and J.J. Abrams of Lost fame is producing, and possibly directing (no decision on that yet). It's supposed to take place before TOS but after Enterprise...

Supposedly, Matt Damon is playing Kirk and Phillip Seymour Hoffman is playing Dr. Mark Piper (The doc before McCoy).. of course theres also been rumors that Ben Affleck is playing Spock...

Wikipedia has a decent summarization of it all:

Star Trek XI - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wow, J.J. Abrams of Lost fame? Maybe he'll put a 2 month intermission in the middle of the movie. I bet he's already got Star Trek 11-20 written, with special clues about the future in each one.

I dunno what the fuck it is, but the past few movies/series it seems like all the goddamn writers do is EVERYTHING but what the fans want. Enterprise was getting better and better, and then they can it. Obviously that means what the fans want is Good Will Hunting in space!#$!#

Yea - what the fuck is wrong with the people in charge of the franchise? When will they learn nobody wants to fucking see what happened at the academy. When the original series has a cardboard set with xmas lights all over it you can't go back now and redo the past of the past.. it just doesn't fucking work.

Do the future already - or start something new - covert ops Star Trek anyone? That would be awesome.

But no, we try and rehash what we already know.. again. fuck.

TeamAmerica.jpg

Matt Damon!

I wouldn't even mind a movie set in the location and time that this new one is supposed to be, if the director and actors in it weren't COMPLETELY WRONG for a Star Trek movie. I mean jesus fuck why don't they just put Leonardo Dicaprio in it and have Damon and Affleck fuck him from both ends on screen. That would only be slightly worse than what we're already going to get.

I could think of a ton of ideas for new TV series. I never watched Enterprise when it was on TV because they always fucking put it on at like, 9pm on friday nights, when anyone with a life is out drinking or partying or whatever. I downloaded them all afterwards though and the series was really good. They were retarded for ending it, and the ending was so rushed and abrupt it was like a kick in the nuts.

What about a show focusing on one of the other races? Maybe aboard the ship of some Klingon space pirates, or some Romulan spies, or Ferrengi traders or something. They could stop at all sorts of interesting places, and still have plenty of contact with the Federation and the other major races to keep it from being overly focused on just them. Even crazier, maybe a series about a pre-warp civilization that's being watched by one of those Federation science teams like in the one TNG movie. Eventually a few of the major characters discover the Federation is there and then drama is involved and they have to work it out somehow. Maybe a series about whoever created the Borg. Show who the person was, why he did it, and show the beginning of the Borg. They would still be more "human" than machine at that point since they'd just begun evolving and assimilating technology, maybe the hive mind wasn't around in the beginning, so the characters would have actual personalities instead of just being a show full of mindless drones. I dunno if any of these ideas are actually good, I'm just kind of spewing random ideas out. Basically I'll watch anything Star Trek as long as it's done well. There's a million places/times that they could base a show or movie on that would be interesting to me.

Agreed there are limitless possibilities to do in the ST world - yet here we are re-inventing the wheel again. Idiots.. :|

The original Star Trek only ran for 3 years and only made 80 episodes. It's totally undeserving of this sort of cult status.

Add me to your Wii friends list please :) 3413 4603 0289 7147

Haven't been on my Wii in a few Wiiks :)lol:) but I'll add you when I can. Send me a PM with that so I don't forget what stupid thread it's in.

Somehow I doubt that Ben Affleck is involved. I think the rumors stem from all the other movies Damon has done with Affleck in them.

Somehow I doubt that Ben Affleck is involved. I think the rumors stem from all the other movies Damon has done with Affleck in them.

When I was an RA in college I did a scavanger hunt for the residents. One of the items was a movie with Afleck or Damon, but not both in the same one.

Yeah, but how manjy of those movies do college freshmen own? They actually had to produce the DVD.

I had a lot of people bring me Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, those people lost.

Back