People in your office: The smelly asshole "non-conformist" IT attention whore

Calamari

Veteran XV
People in your office: The smelly asshole "non-conformist" IT attention whore

[rant]

Does anyone else have this particular "character" in their office? He's the IT guy who:

• Is overweight.
  • Loves anime (or a particular videogame), well past the point of general übernerdness.
  • Will continue to talk about said anime (or videogame), even though you have never actually given him any indication that you were listening or cared.
  • Has a face like the dark side of the moon.
  • Stinks - in fact, has such poor hygiene that there are probably undiscovered cultures growing all over his body.
  • Believes he knows everything about everything, but knows very little about anything.
  • Is a non-conformist to the point that anything which is done or created by any entity which is even remotely mainstream is deserving only of a derisive snort and then a 10 minute random soapbox rant over all of the things they've done to fuck the little guy and why they should be put out of business (holy run-on).
  • IS A FUCKING ATTENTION WHORE - to such a degree that whilst having a conversation around that person, that does not include that person, that person is prompted to interject with something completely random and absolutely unrelated to what you were discussing in the first place, just so they can attempt to bring the focus of the conversation to themselves.

We've got this guy in our office. I have to work with and around him because I'm in IT. He stinks up our office, and every time he opens his off-white, peg-toothed mouth I want to kick him in it. Of course, there is nothing I can do about it because I like my job and want to keep it, but FUCK.

[/rant]

Thanks for reading. This post has been brought to you by XanaX and the letters QFT.

oh. i dont know what to tell my doctor in order to get a script. i know it would be beneficial to my well being though as i'm a very anxious person.

Can't say I do.

But I have before.

Hell, I've had that kind of fat fuck for a roommate before.

Luckily, the job and living arrangements didn't hold out for more than a year.

Yeah we have a guy like that in our class. He watches those little girl animes and always snorts/gives a condescending tones when he talks to people. Oh also, hes into furries. What a fag.

faq6.jpg

what did he say when you told him all of this?

Ya see, that's the hard part isn't it. If this were just some douche at school or whatever, I wouldn't have a problem dealing with it. But I work with this... person, and I can't just tell him to grow the fuck up. I've told him I don't care about all his anime crap, and I've patronized him for some of his other attitudes, all to no avail :(

Back