HALP!! I screwed up my MBR and I can't find my XP cd :(

link_

Veteran X
I had linux and windows on my laptop--dual boot. I stopped using linux and I wanted the harddisk space for windows so I formatted it to NTFS. Unfortunately in my haste to format I must have fubar'd the grub partition/mbr.

I can't find my XP cd and I am posting via linux through a live CD. How can I either fix the mbr (without an XP cd) or fix grub?

I need access to windows on this (my laptop) for some school work tonight. Please help :(

Because Linux is uber and all crazy cool hackers use it. Just use your linux live cd to hack the gibson of a computer running windows and use that to run your programs!

don't worry i fixed it!

I just installed ubuntu again on a really small partition...just so it would reinstall grub. :/

Might I suggest Damn Small Linux? Just use that and Lilo to work. DSL uses about 100megs the last time I checked.

Well u might have suggested that 40 minutes ago when it would have made a difference. I am going to back up all of my important stuff on this machine now. This little incident reminded me that I hven't backed up recently.

I need to take an online quiz tonight, so when that is finished i will mess with this computer again.

Back