Global knives?

loop

Veteran XX
Anyone have any experience with these beyond just looking at them?

My GF got me a gift cert to williams sonoma, and I'm thinking about getting one of these with it - Williams-Sonoma | Catalog

I have a few decent blades by Calphalon, but whenever I've looked at Globals I tended to just start drooling... and the 2 times I've picked them up, I've not wanted to put them down.

globals are nice

personally i use wusthof but that's because i don't like the global having both steel blades and handles, looks too trendwhorish

i use this

Williams-Sonoma | Catalog

what i really like about the globals is how absolutely light they are and the fact that they feel more nimble than any knife I've ever used.

My brother has a set of heinkels that i like, but again - the global just feels so nice.

i took a cooking class and the lady teaching it swore by her global 8" chef's knife

its all preference, but from my use of it i liked the look of the knife and shape of the handle and it had a very good blade, but it was too light for my tastes.

global makes good knives, if you like the feel of them then sounds like you've found the knives for you.

what i really like about the globals is how absolutely light they are and the fact that they feel more nimble than any knife I've ever used.

My brother has a set of heinkels that i like, but again - the global just feels so nice.

wusthofs are light too :)

henckels are overrated

i don't know, the henckels kept a pretty great edge. never really played with wushofs though... i'll give 'em a shot.

Unless you cook A LOT, its absolutely ridiculous to spend that kinda $$ on some knives.

i cook a LOT.
:)

I'm a total foodie, and as a single dad with full custody of two kids, yeah - i cook a lot during the week.

is that okay? does it justify my purchase to you? how about the fact that the gift cert covers it all?

Back