Beginner wanting to record digital stuff

Hell Phoenix

Veteran XV
Yeah so I have recently got into recording and I want a very basic digital setup I can use to record my stuff. I am sick of the static from all the other shit I use and want a clean sound. I know NOTHING about this so I am making requests and hope you guys understand what I need. I was something very simple, not looking to spend a fortune here, just enough to make a good sounding recording. Something I can just plug into my computer and be able to plug a couple mics into, my electric-acoustic, and a keyboard. I am mainly a vocal/guitarist/ keyboard player so im guessing all i really need is a mic for the vocals, one mic to catch the sound from my guitar and then on a second track record the keyboard. Tell me what I need! again i am a beginner but have some good sounding stuff... just never recorded!

Hey man. Check out the last post in the stickied thread.

Thanks for the redirect dude :) That post helps a lot. I wanted to know though if I buy this :
Buy Lexicon Omega Desktop Recording Studio online at Musician's Friend

Do I still need a good soundcard or is all the stuff being processed in that? I have money coming back from my tax return and am looking to spend about 400 on everything so i was looking at this for 200, one mic for vocals and then a condenser mic for the guitar (or is it the other way around, condensor for vocals?) and then I have a MIDI keyboard that supposedly can hook up to that Lexicon. What would i need if I get that Lexicon, or am I right in what i listed?

Back