www.whyquit.com

RiTuaL

Veteran XV
It's been 10 months now since I last used tobacco.

This site gave me the info I needed to know how to quit and stay off it. Basically it works like this: Once you quit, you can never go back. A week, a month, a year later .. when you think to yourself "I can have just one... it sounds sooooo good..." you have to think, "There is NEVER just one. One becomes two... and two, twenty..." Everytime. No exceptions. You ARENT special.

BTW, this counts for any kind of nicotine (which is really the issue here - not tobacco itself)... so those bastards pushing nicotine replacement (gum, inhalers, patches, etc) are only lengthening your withdrawl and torment.

You must quit "cold turkey" and never look back.

I hope all of you chose to quit.

<3

I'm smoking and contemplating death. Reading the news about non smoking fuckwits dying on the roads and drowning. Yeah.

I get this shit from the head shop. Red Man tobacco or Native somthin like that. no additives, just tobaccie. made a good cigarrette.

wheres the linkage?

Best way to quit:

1. Buy the nastiest cigeratte's you can... even cloves.
2. Smoke them until your will is broken.

Its worked for everyone I know thats tried it (3 ppl).

Shouldn't be so quick to judge nicotine replacement therapy. The patches worked great for me. (haven't smoked in 14'ish months)

Shouldn't be so quick to judge nicotine replacement therapy. The patches worked great for me. (haven't smoked in 14'ish months)

wow, congrats :)

Statistically speaking though I think you are a very rare case, but I'm glad it worked for you.

I haven't had a cigarette in 2 years.

My once a month cigar was GREAT last night.

I have no desire to have a cigarette.

:shrug:

Oddiz, you are talking about American Spirit cigs.

Also, as far as I can tell the best way to quit is simple. I tried for over a year to get my girl to quit and nothing worked. Then I got her pregnant. Worked like a charm.

Besides being addictive, is the gum bad for you in any way? I mean can you get cancer in your mouth and what not?

Oddiz, you are talking about American Spirit cigs.

Also, as far as I can tell the best way to quit is simple. I tried for over a year to get my girl to quit and nothing worked. Then I got her pregnant. Worked like a charm.
babies are way more expensive that funerals. way to go dude...

way to have an "addictive" personality and need this nevereverever line of thinking .... fortunately I can enjoy stuff IN MODERATION

way to have an "addictive" personality and need this nevereverever line of thinking .... fortunately I can enjoy stuff IN MODERATION

thats absolutely true... some people are double-jointed... others not. Some people are logical, others artistic.

Some people get diabetes, others don't... and some are prone to addictions. IT's weird though, while I am addicted to nicotine (I say am even though I dont use it), I'm *not* addicted to alchohol... I can drink and then not touch the stuff again for months. So, I think it's more than just a "personality" trait - I suspect some kind of bio-chemical / genetic issue.

Reading Whyquit helped me plan out my quit really well.

I read the FFN .doc every night for 3 months after I quit just to remind myself what it was all about. I read it now and then... it's been 6 months since I quit

Back