[mac users] need a tutorial that will teach me how to get xp on mac

skip

Veteran XV
whats the best program to use, parallels? any tutorials on how to install and partition etc.?

thanks

i run parallels for xp on my macbook pro.

it's pretty straight forward and the instructions that came with parallels i found easy to follow. just jump right in i say.

parallels is great if you don't care about hardware-accelerated graphics, it boots and runs incredibly fast
use bootcamp if you want hardware-acceleration

i run parallels for xp on my macbook pro.

it's pretty straight forward and the instructions that came with parallels i found easy to follow. just jump right in i say.

same. make sure you have a fucking legit copy of windows and make sure you partition your hard drive evenly. and give your self space to work with.

CS:S is about 3 GB
XP is about 4 GB.

use boot camp to install xp and setup everything, it's pretty straight forward just look on apple's site. once you get xp installed via boot camp, you can use parallels to boot from that exact same partition. this is what i do and it is very convenient. if you need to go into windows to do something really quick in say matlab or something, you can just use parallels and there is no need to restart. however, if you want to go play some cs: source or something, just restart and boot into that exact same partition via boot camp and play. it is the best of both worlds using 1 single partition. the end.

Back