Who's still playing Asheron's Call?

i've restarted playing AC countless times. bought both expansion packs. quit last time probably in august/september. its just not the same since they killed towns.

How did they kill towns, and what servers are most popular?

housing. specifically the whole mansion recall thing. marketplace killed any trade hubs. the embracing of trade bots.

you could play that game for days and not see another player if you arent in a guild with a mansion and stay out of general chat. its depressing, the world feels so empty.

edit: stay off of solclaim and the new server, verdantine i think it is. go with the old servers. darktide is practically impossible to go solo at unless you've got an in at a guild. if your a masochist that likes pvp tho go right ahead.

Last edited:
housing. specifically the whole mansion recall thing. marketplace killed any trade hubs. the embracing of trade bots.

you could play that game for days and not see another player if you arent in a guild with a mansion and stay out of general chat. its depressing, the world feels so empty.

Theres a good reason for that. And i dont even need to say it.

Ok i will anyways. the games dead.

Theres a good reason for that. And i dont even need to say it.

the games dead.

there is enough life on the servers to give it some semblence of a community. but when everybody just portals between the mansion, marketplace, their guild town, and whatever dungeon they're currently grinding and completely ignores the rest of the world and any place where they might otherwise congregate with others on the server then the game feels a lot more dead than it actually is.

to be honest i'm amazed the game has lasted this long. its just treading water now. i think it could really benefit from a new server with rules changes and some anti macro/bot policies, but the community isn't coming back. its sad, AC was >*

Back