Sagarmatha (Everest)

Dead Ben

Veteran XX
Anyone here gone to base camp? One of my good friends is from Nepal and he is thinking about going back sometime in the future just to go to base camp. I told him I'd be interested in going also. He knows local sherpas who run a tour to base camp and up the mountain and while in Kathmandu we'll stay at his mothers so some expenses will be cut immensely.

Anyone have any experiences at base camp? What camera should I take?

get them to take you on an excursion to some place where 2000000 other tourists who think they are adventurous won't be

i'm sorry that was mean.

but seriously.

Well, yeah I know it will be crowded and way less adventurous than actually trying to climb the mountain, but it's as close as I can get cheaply (relatively), safely, and with a friend who knows a good deal of people and the lay of the land.

Well, yeah I know it will be crowded and way less adventurous than actually trying to climb the mountain, but it's as close as I can get cheaply (relatively), safely, and with a friend who knows a good deal of people and the lay of the land.

werd, it will be cool regardless. if i was over there thats what i would do...not sure how high you can go without proper equipment, but just to be there will be cool.

im being an ass :) i blame post-work-anger

Back