Any dirt bike riders out there??

Strega

Veteran XV
Been spending a lot of time the last few months riding dirt bikes with my cousin. We've been heading out of San Diego to places like Otay Lakes, Campo, Tecate, Pine Valley etc. Anyone own a dirt bike? I'm looking into getting myself a new bike, and I'm leaning towards the Yamaha WR250F.

Yamaha%20WR250%2007%20%201.jpg

Does anyone have any experience on this bike?? Either the 2006 or 2007? I hear the 07 has a lower ride height than the 2006, and I like that, plus a few other small changes. Anyway, curious if we have any off road enthusiasts on TW. Also, if you live in San Diego or close, and wanna go riding, let me know. Here are some pics from previous rides...I'm riding the Kawasaki 300 and my cousin is on the Honda 650 DS.

Bikes at Campo
bikes03.jpg

Me: (At Campo)
bridge01.jpg

Pine Valley: (3000 ft elev. at the bottom, so a lil snow 'n ice)
pv07.jpg

Me: (At Pine Valley)
pv10.jpg

You look too big for a 250, IMO.
From the pictures, your cousin has the right idea. Get a dual-sport. I ride a Kawasaki KLR 650. It's nowhere near as capable as a full-on motocrosser but it's awesome on fire roads, long distance touring, and commuting. I'm not sure I'd want to commute by bike in SoCal though.
Maybe look at a Suzuki DR if you want something smaller than a KLR.

EDIT: Also, it's nice to not need a trailer to get my bike to the riding location. :D

My dad bought be a honda 250 when I was about 8. It was from the 70's or something, weighed in at over 522 pounds, I was about 100 pounds.

Picking it up when it fell over fucking sucked.

You look too big for a 250, IMO.
From the pictures, your cousin has the right idea. Get a dual-sport. I ride a Kawasaki KLR 650. It's nowhere near as capable as a full-on motocrosser but it's awesome on fire roads, long distance touring, and commuting. I'm not sure I'd want to commute by bike in SoCal though.
Maybe look at a Suzuki DR if you want something smaller than a KLR.

EDIT: Also, it's nice to not need a trailer to get my bike to the riding location. :D

I weigh 210 lbs, and I'm 5'10". I have short legs so the 650 just is too tall for me. I can muscle the bike, I just wanna be able to put a foot down, hehe. I may go with the WR450F, as the ride height is a lil lower and will afford me some more power.

I got on the Suz DR, and didn't like it as much. Didn't feel right, was kinda high, but you can shave seats so it might work. Thanks for the tips.

hey strega when you walk around with colosus, do you feel skinny? or are you still aware of your own physical defects??

hey strega when you walk around with colosus, do you feel skinny? or are you still aware of your own physical defects??

You calling me out for physical defects?? Hahaha, ok you tubby bitch, keep talking, no one is listening.

Looks like fun, but i'd probably "shoot [strike]your[/strike] my eye out".

Last edited:
Back