Are there any LCDs that work for gaming?

JJ

Veteran XX
Im finally upgrading a retardedly old Sony CRT (about 10 years) and am trying to decide between LCD and CRT. I still play fps games mainly, and worry a bit about ghosting and all this other shit I hear about. How noticeable can it be on a 2ms response LCD? Any suggestions on < $400 LCDs?

:lol:

Yeah you are safe .. anything you buy these days will have 8ms response time or lower which is perfectly fine for gaming. Of course, the lower the better. I have a 21" wide gateway that I think is 8ms and i don't see any ghosting in any type of games i play..

:lol:

Yeah you are safe .. anything you buy these days will have 8ms response time or lower which is perfectly fine for gaming. Of course, the lower the better. I have a 21" wide gateway that I think is 8ms and i don't see any ghosting in any type of games i play..

How do widescreen monitors adapt to a game without widescreen support? I remember people bitching about DoW and refusing to play it until it got it :shrug:

How do widescreen monitors adapt to a game without widescreen support? I remember people bitching about DoW and refusing to play it until it got it :shrug:

:lol: a game with out widescreen support? What game are you playing?!?! It probably came out in the 1990s. :rofl: :lol:

Yo jj, just get a viewsonic CRT ;)

However, my friend has a really nice widescreen LCD and it runs 1.6 great at the widescreen version of 1280

I would have no problem playing with an LCD of that sort.

So yeah, just whatever you see that saves you money. Just don't get a shit-ass brand man.

Lets pug cause i'm drunk, hit me up on aim

Back