[Wii] ...

artemisfowl

Veteran X
Went to four stores today and asked employees when the next shipment of Wii's was coming. "I have no idea" was the same basic answer from every store. Why can't they just make enough of these damn things for everyone to have.

well they were arriving at bestbuys on sundays :shrug:

I'm sure christmas fucked everything up.

I asked the guy at my local Best Buy and he had no clue, also talked to the electronics manager. He said to just keep checking. Are they just holding them for the "suprise" of getting them on Sunday?

they hold them if they are going to advertise the wii (or any hot product for that matter) in their weekly sales paper.

they hold them if they are going to advertise the wii (or any hot product for that matter) in their weekly sales paper.

They're required by law to have a certain amount of each product in the weekly ad, so if Wii's are on the ad, they can't sell them yet. I'd ask them when they usually get shipments, and just call in on those days to check.

ya, when do you think these things will be openly available? Like the 360's have become. Wasn't nintendo's goal to have something around 4 million Wii's in the US by the end of the year. That's bullshit.

Target has the same Sunday policy, I would head there when they open on Sundays for the best chance at a Wii right now.

Target eh? I'm gonna call over there now and see whats up

EDIT: I just called the target guy and he said that nintendo cancelled their last shipment and he doesn't know when they are getting their next shipment

Last edited:
I just called BB and they said that the Wii's are getting shipped via Fedex rather than their usual shipment truck. When I asked if coming on sunday early would get me a chance at getting one, he said that I should call back on Thursday. Hopefully I can get a response from this guy and camp for one this Sat/Sun. We'll see.

Back