Help me pick a tv

Phantred

Veteran XV
My parents are pretty big tv watchers, but they have been on the same 50 inch projection tv from the 80's for a LONG time. I want to replace it for christmas. Last time I was shopping around, DLP was a big no no, but I have heard otherwise...

couple of things to think about -
I need to pick it up locally, so tweeters, bb, and circuit city are my only options.
They need something that is NOT flat, their entertainment center is adjustable but is made for a deep tv. No use spending the money on a wall mountable.
1080p or whatever the highest resolution that isn't used yet doesn't matter - they just need a nice hd set.

Trying to stay under 2k with the protection plan whatever store offers, I know these things are generally a rip but I'd like this to be a trouble free gift.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat95100050004&type=category is the list I'm looking at, any suggestions?

so you cant ship, thereby you cant comparison shop. just go to best buy. you dont need any help. you are handcuffed by your lack of options, and frankly a time sink

get the first one you see when you walk in the store or look at a website

never fails for me

so you cant ship, thereby you cant comparison shop. just go to best buy. you dont need any help. you are handcuffed by your lack of options, and frankly a time sink

handcuffed to 15 or 20 tv's. Surely a few of them are better than a few others :shrug:

WOW THAT NEEDS TW HELP

wow god forbid I ask a bunch of people on tw for some tv recommendations, because you know, out of a couple hundred people, what are the chances any of them would know if the problems with DLP had been worked out, or if their are certain brands I should really check out or stay away from.

Because no one on tw has ever bought a tv :rolleyes:

Don't be a dick. :sunny:

Go to bestbuy, ask them to match an amazon or jr.com price to a samsung DLP or whatever you find that you like which they have in stock. Tell them if they're willing to PM than you'll purchase a service agreement.

I know lots of people have had success with this.

Back