RAR extraction problem

slacker

Veteran XX
Whenever I have a RAR file that is in parts, I right-click the first rar, and clikc extract here. However, I'm having a problem extracting this file. When I right-clikc on the first rar, as well as any other rar, the only options I get are "Open" "Open With..." and "Send To ->"

I have a group of several full files that are segmented that are giving me the limited options. I can still unrar other files fine, though. also, when i double click on the rar's that wont work, nothing happens. when i right-click open them, nothing happens. options?

i don't know shit about shit and its been a while since i had to unrar a huge pile of juarez, but try doing them all at once instead of one at a time...

What is the extension name?
.001 .002 .003...
.rar .r00 .r01...
.part01.rar .part02.rar .part03.rar...
Also, what program are you using?

.part01.rar

in using winrar

i cant even change the file name

Hmmmm, it should act normal by just double clicking the .part01 and allow you to extract the rest of it. I have no idea why you couldn't change the file name but that probably has something to do with this. Keep playing around, somethings funny

the files are currently transfering via torrent (im seeding), but even when i pause the transfer, nothing changed. like i said, i only get those 3 right-click options. there is no properties tab, and i cant change anything with the file.

ok, i right clicked, and when to open with. i chose winrar again.

the file opened (the part01, which showed in the winrar box all the segments), however, when i try to extract them, i get the winrar errors "cannot open" and "the system cannot find the path specified"

Back