man impersonates cop, orders bystanders to sexually assault young woman, they do

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=2684890&page=1

Not just "sexual assault," the guy anally raped her.

Moral of the story: Don't trust a uniform. Don't comply with unreasonable police requests, ever.

Police are there to serve you not to command you. As soon as an officer starts acting immorally, it's everyone's duty as a citizen to stand up firmly to them.

Nov. 30, 2006 — It was the shocking story — and unbelievable surveillance video — that riveted the nation. A young McDonald's employee humiliated, forced to strip and then to perform a sexual act in the back office, during her work day.

The uniform is that of CCA — Corrections Corporation of America — a private prison company that runs a jail in Panama City. The warden identified the man in the video as one of his prison guards — 38-year-old David Stewart.

According to police, a search of Stewart's trailer revealed guns, police paraphernalia and training manuals. Police also discovered that Stewart had attended a local police academy and even volunteered as a deputy with a small police department in western Florida.

I'm glad the police caught this guy. Even better would be if citizens would stand up to supposed cops. This kind of thing would not be possible if people weren't brainwashed to be blindly obedient to police under all circumstances.

On the upside: The McDonald's manager was fired and charged, and the other McDonald's employee who anally raped the girl is in jail. So the bystanders got what they deserved, despite their argument, "I was just following police orders!"

Nix was sentenced in March to five years in prison. He pleaded guilty to sexual abuse, sexual misconduct, and unlawful imprisonment. Nix testified that he thought he was following an officer's orders.

Ogborn says she wanted to run, but that it would have been too humiliating to run through the restaurant naked.

Nix, a 43-year-old exterminator, began following the caller's commands, ordering Ogborn to drop her apron, bend over and stand on a chair.

Then — as ridiculous as it sounds — he told her to do jumping jacks to shake loose anything she might be hiding. Ogborn says that was just the beginning of two more hours of torment.

The demands became more and more bizarre. When Ogborn says that when she failed to address Nix as "sir," the caller tells him to hit her violently on the buttocks over and over. At one point on the video, Ogborn was "spanked" for almost 10 full minutes.

"He told me I was asking too many questions, so he was told to hit me," she said. "I just said, 'Please don't do this.'"

By the end, red welts could be seen on the woman's body.

During it all, Summers (manager) periodically came back to the office, and each time, Nix threw the apron at Ogborn, telling her to stay quiet.

"I begged her every time she came in the room," Ogborn said. "'Get me out of here. Please get me out of here."

Ogborn says she even asked the assistant manager to call the police, but each time, she says, Summers told her, "No, we're still waiting for the cop."

iNVAR and Gangrel must agree that blindly following police orders is NOT something you should do if the police are acting immorally. You never really even have a guarantee that the police are actually police - if you ask to see a badge there are many legitimate cases where an officer can refuse under the law. So asking for a badge doesn't protect you from officer impersonation.

The only way is to use your brain and realise when something is out of line, and when that happens all citizens must be ready to kill a guy who looks like a cop for the greater good of humanity. No one is beyond reproach - not police, not President Bush, nobody. Stand up for yourself and others, and don't worry about what "authority" might tell you.

Last edited:
iNVAR and Gangrel must agree that blindly following police orders is NOT something you should do if the police are acting immorally. You never really even have a guarantee that the police are actually police - if you ask to see a badge there are many legitimate cases where an officer can refuse under the law. So asking for a badge doesn't protect you from officer impersonation.
If the guy has a gun and he tells you to do something it doesn't really matter if he's a cop or not.

Jesus Buttfucking Christ, shutup with the goddamn police hating

WE GOT YOUR FUCKING POINT IN THE TASER THREAD

isn't this story ofn and sent around in emails?

well it happened 4 days ago

i didnt know it was sent around in email, the thing i linked is on ABC

so maybe it's OFN yeah but i dont read the news and I just saw it :p and didnt see it on TW :shrug:

We had a thread where I said people should not trust cops who are acting immorally, because they could be criminals impersonating officers, and iNVAR and Gangrel the TW police mocked me for that scenario. Now it actually happened.

I don't see how people think you should follow all police orders to the T. Follow them if they're reasonable, anything else is immoral.

well it happened 4 days ago

i didnt know it was sent around in email, the thing i linked is on ABC

so maybe it's OFN yeah but i dont read the news and I just saw it :p and didnt see it on TW :shrug:

We had a thread where I said people should not trust cops who are acting immorally, because they could be criminals impersonating officers, and iNVAR and Gangrel the TW police mocked me for that scenario. Now it actually happened.

I don't see how people think you should follow all police orders to the T. Follow them if they're reasonable, anything else is immoral.
It didn't happen 4 days ago. That news article was written 4 days ago.

On April 9, 2004, Ogborn offered to work through the restaurant's evening rush, trying to be helpful and make a few extra dollars.

There was already a healthy thread on this subject back when it actually happened.

If the guy has a gun and he tells you to do something it doesn't really matter if he's a cop or not.

very true

but he didnt have a gun, he had a phone

people are so brainwashed that it makes them vulnerable to these kinds of assaults

people need to think for themselves not be brainwashed monkeys who do exactly what they're told - it's better for EVERYONE including the police.

Jesus Buttfucking Christ, shutup with the goddamn police hating

WE GOT YOUR FUCKING POINT IN THE TASER THREAD

i hate the idea that anyone in a uniform is infallible and you should follow their every command.

I appreciate all the good that the majority of police do - the majority who are good police just trying to keep their community safe.

i hate the idea that anyone in a uniform is infallible and you should follow their every command.

I appreciate all the good that the majority of police do - the majority who are good police just trying to keep their community safe.

Reminds me of a quote from Fargo:

Attendant: I'm sorry, sir, we do have to charge you the four dollars.

Carl: I just pulled in here. I just fuckin' pulled in here!

Attendant: Well, see, there's a minimum charge of four dollars. Long-term parking charges by the day.

Carl: I guess you think, ya know, you're some kind of an authority figure. With that stupid fucking uniform. Huh, buddy? ... King Clip-on Tie here. Big fucking man....huh? You know, these are the limits of your life, man. Ruler of your little fucking gate here. There's your four dollars you pathetic piece of shit.

People shouldn't comply with unreasonable requests? Woah, I better let that bus full of school children out of my basement then.

It didn't happen 4 days ago. That news article was written 4 days ago.

There was already a healthy thread on this subject back when it actually happened.

ah

i wonder why they wrote about it now?

anyway, I hadn't heard of it until now. I hope this story crystallizes in the minds of people and helps them to realise that they should not blindly follow authority.

Police are there to serve you not to command you.
This story aside, just wanted to point out that this isn't true. Protect and Serve may be the motto, but it's protect the peace and serve the law (the government). They are under no obligation to do anything for you, you just pay their wages.

Back