Scanners are fun

CosmicBlend

Contributor
Veteran XX
So my roomate has a scanner setup with all the police and fire bands on it scanning.. its great to listen to when the weather is all fucked up.

Some lady got ejected from her car on the highway and landed on her head (not good at all ) but the medics were dumb enough to ask for a medivac from a helicopter when its FREEZING RAIN outside.

I overheard 2 cops with one asking where the salt trucks where at, and another officer said I have no clue.. The other one replied with "Wow they are sure doing their jobs".

The cops take bets on when each other will get a drunken idiot stopped on campus, you can hear them yell "Woohoo Im the winner! I won the bet!." Its great.

A friend of mine's uncle had a hand held scanner that would pick up police and fire and the usual stuff, but also cell phone bands. It was hilarious listening in to couples fighting and other stupid shit :lol:

A friend of mine's uncle had a hand held scanner that would pick up police and fire and the usual stuff, but also cell phone bands. It was hilarious listening in to couples fighting and other stupid shit :lol:

It's not picking up cell phones, it's picking up 900mhz wireless home phones.

But yeah, it can be amusing listening in. Until you get an 18 year old black dude having a nice little convo with his crack-addled mother and realize just how incredibly stupid and ignorant some people are out there. Makes you sad for humanity.

Back