Anyone Have a Boss..

Hamma

Veteran XV
That just tweaks out on every occasion, every question you ask? I have a female boss (1st problem) and everytime I go to ask her a question she tweaks out and freaks that she has to much to do. I am in IT I run the entire network here - she is my boss but has never been in IT so she freaks about passwords, and wants me to document EVERYTHING. Anyone in IT knows how frequently things change, documenting shit would be a disaster that took weeks and would change the second I finished documenting.

I am on the verge of locking my office door and boarding up the window when I arrive in the morning for fear of her walking in with her head spinning :rofl:

I have a female boss (1st problem)

First and only problem. There's nothing you can do about it, unfortunately. Women are irrational creatures and largely unfit to manage things (rare exceptions exist, i.e. women who exhibit male qualities).

Last edited:
documenation for passwords is pretty standard for anyone in IT

what are you talking about

do you even have a disaster recovery plan?

No, I am not talking about passwords. That is all documented fine. As is everything as far as network diagrams, server IP's, firewall configurations etc etc etc.

What I mean is day to day stuff, troubleshooting "What do I do if XYZ happens" basic problem stuff in the case "I am not here" basic troubleshooting stuff in which, unless you are a techie you can't just all of a sudden understand.

ie: some kind of roadmap to fix a server if it blows up when I am not here. Someone with no IT experience cannot all of a sudden gain said experience just from reading some document. Or if Joe Schmo's computer can't access the network, what do I do. Dumb shit like that.

Last edited:
I had a boss like that, she was the CEOs daughter, daddy's little girl. She ran the IT department. What a joke that was. Job only lasted a few months before I moved on.

Back