[ Official Nintendo ] "Touch my Wii" thread

Wrathchild

Veteran XV
Overall not a bad experience - getting one that is. I just got back and haven't set it up yet. I got up at 5 this morning to drive about 20 minutes to a Target that was listed as getting 50, when the others in my area listed as 24. I was a bit worried that I wouldn't be early enough, not so much worried that I wouldn't get one but I wouldn't be happy if I got up at 5 with 4 hours sleep for nothing.

I was 19th in line, the first group of people were there at 7pm yesterday :lol: At 7am they came out and gave everyone a ticket with their number on it and told us we could come back when the store opened at 8, and they would hold our console until noon - really nice move to let people get back in their cars since it was about 40 degrees at 6am.

I drove up the road to a 24 hours Walmart to get an SD memory card and see if they had any games or controllers for sale, got a 1gb SD card for $45 but suprisingly they sold every game and accessory they had overnight.

I ended up getting Zelda (of course) and Super Monkey Ball, an extra remote and nunchuck, and the classic (Super NES style) controller. About $550 total for everything - not bad. I couldn't find the component cables anywhere, Best Buy and Circuit City open in a few hours and I'm going to see if they have it.

Gonna Wii now, more to come. :sunny:

Promot69.jpg

Went to Wal-Mart at 6:15 for a 7 am opening. The store had said there was only 36 units, and the line looked like 36+, but I got in line anyways. I figured some of the little kids were there with their parents. Manager comes out at 7 am, and is like, "Sorry to tell you we only got 54." I was #42, and only waited 45 minutes. Feel sorry for the campers. Unfortunately they sold out of games and nunchuk controllers, going to have to go around looking for Zelda and Red Steel.

Back