"Sony's PSone catalog will be available for five bucks a pop in their online store.."

Tribalbob

Contributor
Veteran XV
"Sony's PSone catalog will be available for five bucks a pop in their online store.."

wireless motion sensor controller?
back catalogue available for purchase over internet connection?
hookup with PSP?

man those sony guys really fucking suck. everything they've announced recently, nintendo announced like day 1. (DS instead of PSP obviously)

even if sony had all that shit planned all along, the way it looks is like they know they suck, and they're trying to rip off what's going to end up being the #1 system this holiday to try and cash in on it.

jesus, even my MOM wants a wii. ps3 is going to flop so fucking bad.

Sony will continue to fuck itself in the ass, and somehow make massive amounts of money regardless. Blue-Ray is the new BetaMax/MiniDisc.

At any rate, you're right Tribalbob.... they are announcing shit like they are brilliant, and it's a simple matter of nintendo was there first.

I'll admit that I'll have a Wii on Launch day, and about 3 weeks after that I'll have a 360. I have no desire to have a PS3, at all, ever.

The armchair experts have spoken.

Stock traders take note, SELL SONY.

The first two people represent 99% of the knowlegable authority on Console Gaming across the world, when they have spoken, the world sits up to take notice. I am certain Sony is very very worried that you have both slammed the PS3 so hard.

wireless motion sensor controller?
back catalogue available for purchase over internet connection?
hookup with PSP?

man those sony guys really fucking suck. everything they've announced recently, nintendo announced like day 1. (DS instead of PSP obviously)

even if sony had all that shit planned all along, the way it looks is like they know they suck, and they're trying to rip off what's going to end up being the #1 system this holiday to try and cash in on it.

jesus, even my MOM wants a wii. ps3 is going to flop so fucking bad.

i dont care who they copy, being able to download old favorites is always a plus, i was getting the Wii and PS3 before and it still stands.

The armchair experts have spoken.

Stock traders take note, SELL SONY.

The first two people represent 99% of the knowlegable authority on Console Gaming across the world, when they have spoken, the world sits up to take notice. I am certain Sony is very very worried that you have both slammed the PS3 so hard.

selling sony would be a stupid idea, they have much more going on besides a gaming console :lol: you suck at the stock market.

The difference being, if you already own a shitload of Nintendo games, you've got to buy them again to play them on the Wii

If you own a shitload of PS1/PS2 games however, they'll play on the PS3 without needing to buy the title again. This just allowed you to purchase, for cheap, all the games you wanted but never bought.

The difference being, if you already own a shitload of Nintendo games, you've got to buy them again to play them on the Wii

If you own a shitload of PS1/PS2 games however, they'll play on the PS3 without needing to buy the title again. This just allowed you to purchase, for cheap, all the games you wanted but never bought.

oh wow, i didnt even think about it that way, that sweetens the deal a little more, but im still buying both systems, sadly the original xbox had more appeal to me than the 360, and i dont own the original either. Wii/PS3 is the way to go it seems.

The big question I have is weather its worth the premium of not buying a game from a used game store for 1/5 the price, risking a DRE.

Whens MS gonna sell 1st gen XBOX games over Live? There are some small games they could do that with.

i think a major part that people dont take into consideration is the online capabilities and built in community features. i have no clue how sony or nintendo are doing theirs

selling sony would be a stupid idea, they have much more going on besides a gaming console :lol: you suck at the stock market.

They've admitted that there will probably be losses this year. They contribute some of it to the feature films they've done and the poor sales of the PSP and even some of the complications they've had with the PS3 so far.
Not to mention the whole battery recall thing.

http://www.computerworld.com/action...icleBasic&articleId=9004462&source=rss_news50

They've had alot of poor products recently, and it's a growing trend. Aside from their HDTV products they don't have much going from them these days.

Sony has assured that, by putting so much multimedia functionality on the PS3, some people will buy the console just as a blu-ray player.

This is funny because they expect to make all their money on software and are selling the console at a loss. :lol:

The big question I have is weather its worth the premium of not buying a game from a used game store for 1/5 the price, risking a DRE.

Whens MS gonna sell 1st gen XBOX games over Live? There are some small games they could do that with.

Nobody's thinking about that yet. There's still a viable market to sell Xbox 1 games to people who own xboxes, and they're already so widespread there's not much of a need to make them available online.

PSone is a whole generation before xbox, and those games are much smaller and more manageable to download. In addition, not a whole lot of people are buying PSone games anymore. Let microsoft worry about making its xbox games compatible with xbox360 before they get on the whole downloading scheme.

Sony has assured that, by putting so much multimedia functionality on the PS3, some people will buy the console just as a blu-ray player.

This is funny because they expect to make all their money on software and are selling the console at a loss. :lol:

What exactly do you think those people would be playing on their BLU-RAY PLAYERS?

BLU-RAY DISCS PERHAPS?

Blu-ray discs that are Sony's own proprietary format, that they make money off of every time one gets sold?

Blu-ray discs that contain Sony movies, which ensures they make even more royalty money if a Sony movie is sold on a Sony Blu-Ray?

hmm.

Back