NWN2 - Who's playing

-DK-

Veteran XX
I picked up the game but haven't had a lot of time to get into it yet. I know the community created content will be where its at, but is the OC better than NWN was? I got bored in the first act with NWN. However I did host a PW for 2 years so I know the game has potential. The toolset is really expanded over the first one which is promising.

Who is playing? Not many folks, since half of the game owners can't patch to the current version.

Even after two updates to the updater.

wierd I had the patch work right away with no hassle... luck I guess.

the PW thing kinda pisses me off due to the viability of it. That was one of the nicest features of the whole product and now it seems very limited if not unrealistic.

game looks like its fun .. but the camera is driving me insane! and a simple solution, dont patch and u can play :) .... btw its on a.b.g from reloaded ...cough cough

this game fucking sucks
do not buy or "buy" it

it needs about 10 patches to be playable
graphical bugs, huge system requirements
shit interface
shit plot, shitty customization

u cant even remap your keys during gameplay, you need to exit to main menu 1st

i'm up to the druid glade after about 3-4 hours of play. it's "ok" nothing stellar as i suspected. just something to pass the time....

heard the engine is a unoptomized piece of shit

the game's forums are supposedly amuck with people who have cutting edge rigs and can't get over 25 fps with 800x600

heard the engine is a unoptomized piece of shit

the game's forums are supposedly amuck with people who have cutting edge rigs and can't get over 25 fps with 800x600

I have an athlon 3300+, gf 7600gt (or something i forget) and a gig of ram. running 1280x1024, almost everything cranked up except for aa\aniso and medium shadow settings. it looks fine, very little frame lag if any and it hasnt crashed once. i am playing unpatched of course until they straighten that mess out. the gameplay is so so, i wish the ai was a bit more responsive. but it does play a bit like a real rpg and not the complete pile of shit that was nwn1. i do like some of the new terrain graphics with real hills and decent looking scenery but nothing 3d will ever compare to the 2d hand drawn isometric backdrops ala bg2\iwd.

Played for about an hour last night and I enjoyed it. Got through the intro "fair" and am just gearing up for a fight in the city. The campaign seems to have more "liveliness" to it than NWN did. It doesn't feel really dead and the characters in the background actually add to the atmosphere.

Story is yet to become engageing (but I'm right at the beginning before it gets started) but I hear that it is a good story worthy of the title RPG. The hench system seems to be 100% better than the stock hench system in NWN so I can only imagine how the community will make it better.

I look forward to the community mods and PWs. Looks like I'll be working on one of the new PWs due to a friend having a great setup (server in a class 3 datacenter (whatever that f'n means)).

Anyone else playing and or liking it?

Back