Any new drinking games out there? Of mass appeal?

ShartShooter

Veteran XX
My friends and I need a new game before we go skiing in Colorado in a couple of weeks. A solid drinking game can make a night all that much better. Beer pong is the last major game to be accepted by my fellow peers so I'd like to see if anything new has come around. I'll describe the ones that I know so you won't suggest any of them. Obviously rules vary for everyone but if it involves the jist of the game.. don't suggest it.

Beer Pong/Beirut - Simple throwage of balls into a triangle or multiple triangle formation of cups.

Quarters/Chandeliers/Speed Quarters - Involves bouncing a quarter into a middle cup there after everyone has to chug their cup and the last person done has to drink the middle.. or speed quarters where you bounce it into the cup and pass it around until you catch up to someone or some variation of that.

Beer Die - 4 people, square formation, throw the die in the air in hopes of it hitting the table and them not being able to catch it as it falls off.

Landmines - Everyone sits around a table with their own cup of beer.. you spin the quarter and you have to finish your cup of beer and pick up the quarter with the same hand before the quarter stops spinning. As you progress in the game your empty beer cans become landmines and you can place them ontop of the quarter where they stay for the remainder of the game. The person drinks the rest of his cup and has to go again. In the future if you spin your quarter and it hits a can you have to go again. (Not a well known game.. I highly recommend it. Ask me if you'd like me to flesh out the rules for you)

Flip Cups - Two teams line up and each person has to go down the line consuming their beer and then flipping their cup upside down on a table.

--

Basically those are the most commonly played games among my fellow friends and students. I didn't go into card games because there are so many god damn card games and I prefer physical games because they always provide better times and stupider shit happening. So basically.. if you have any other games involving cans, balls or coins and its a fun game thats not similar to the ones I've mentioned above.. please do describe it to me.

get a few of your buddies
say 5 total

get 5 beers and take them where no one can see you
shake 1 up a ton

hand them out
open and drink

That one where the last guy standing gets to teabag all the other fuckers that are passed out - play that one.

On a serious note, there was a dice game that I played in college called 3-man, where there was a player designated at the "3-man" that always had to take a drink whenever a 3 was rolled on one die. All the other combos were assigned to stuff like "left of roller drinks", "social", "waterfall", etc.

Man that game would fuck everyone up in a short time

Last edited:
presidents and assholes is the only real good drinking game. I dont know how all this other bullshit got popular (like 'beer die' that you have listed, i mean thats just retarded) but P and A is where its at.

My friends and I need a new game before we go skiing in Colorado in a couple of weeks. A solid drinking game can make a night all that much better. Beer pong is the last major game to be accepted by my fellow peers so I'd like to see if anything new has come around. I'll describe the ones that I know so you won't suggest any of them. Obviously rules vary for everyone but if it involves the jist of the game.. don't suggest it.

Beer Pong/Beirut - Simple throwage of balls into a triangle or multiple triangle formation of cups.

Quarters/Chandeliers/Speed Quarters - Involves bouncing a quarter into a middle cup there after everyone has to chug their cup and the last person done has to drink the middle.. or speed quarters where you bounce it into the cup and pass it around until you catch up to someone or some variation of that.

Beer Die - 4 people, square formation, throw the die in the air in hopes of it hitting the table and them not being able to catch it as it falls off.

Landmines - Everyone sits around a table with their own cup of beer.. you spin the quarter and you have to finish your cup of beer and pick up the quarter with the same hand before the quarter stops spinning. As you progress in the game your empty beer cans become landmines and you can place them ontop of the quarter where they stay for the remainder of the game. The person drinks the rest of his cup and has to go again. In the future if you spin your quarter and it hits a can you have to go again. (Not a well known game.. I highly recommend it. Ask me if you'd like me to flesh out the rules for you)

Flip Cups - Two teams line up and each person has to go down the line consuming their beer and then flipping their cup upside down on a table.

--

Basically those are the most commonly played games among my fellow friends and students. I didn't go into card games because there are so many god damn card games and I prefer physical games because they always provide better times and stupider shit happening. So basically.. if you have any other games involving cans, balls or coins and its a fun game thats not similar to the ones I've mentioned above.. please do describe it to me.

Thats called Boat Races.

Boot - I don't know if this is a "real" game but you take a 2 liter glass boot (or I suppose some other large, open container) and fill it with beer. The people playing take turns drinking from the boot - if you stop drinking at any point your turn is over. If the person after you finishes the boot, you have to do a beer bong.

thats not a game, and the point of that one is to get 1 person to drink a beer entirely from another persons boot at a party. You'll see this happen to people at coyote ugly on a nightly basis as the bartenders make guys drink beers from their boots.

I'm not following Sink the Biz.. if the amount of beer each person pours in isnt important then why dont people just keep going around in a circle putting a single drop of beer in the shotglass?

thats not a game, and the point of that one is to get 1 person to drink a beer entirely from another persons boot at a party. You'll see this happen to people at coyote ugly on a nightly basis as the bartenders make guys drink beers from their boots.
I think we're talking about entirely different games.
I'm not following Sink the Biz.. if the amount of beer each person pours in isnt important then why dont people just keep going around in a circle putting a single drop of beer in the shotglass?
Yeah, you could do that if you wanted to. Generally someone is going to fill it almost all the way on the first pour and so that it will sink upon the next person's turn. When I played it, a rule was that if the "biz" sank within ~5 seconds after you poured into it, you would lose. However, if it sank after the 5 seconds (even if the other person didn't begin to pour), the next person to pour would lose.

Last edited:
That's awesome you put the rules up buize

When we played it, I think it was either a 5-6 or 6-6 we designated as the "waterfall" where it was a social, except the person right of the roller couldn't stop drinking until roller stopped, and on down the line, until that person to the left of roller decided to stop drinking. what a mess.

after looking at the P and A rules online im surprised at how many different ways ppl play this. We always did it where the president can only trade the asshole 1 card(which he can request), 2's and 1 eyed jacks are wild cards, 7's are social, and the person who finishes his cards right before the asshole(2nd to last) is designated beer bitch and if anyone runs out during the next round of play beer bitch gets him/her a new one.

then i'll pour more in there to try to set you up to make it sink. Dont be stupid...

tractor pulls!

6 solo cups
2 beers

start with 6 cups in a line:
fill them up like so
1st cup = 1 oz
2nd cup = 2 oz
3rd cup = 3 oz
4th cup = 4 oz
5th cup = 5 oz
6th cup = 6 oz

start at cup one and drink quick