[NYC] Peeps, I need some good places to go.

Jelly

Veteran XX
I will be in NYC today - wednesday night.

Staying here

138 LAFAYETTE STREET, New York City, NY 10013

I believe that is near mid town. Could someone give me some good streets to walk down or where everything is.... aka china town, little italy...shit like that.

PS: to people at the corner of washington and Houston, ill see you tomorrow ;)

I will be in NYC today - wednesday night.

Staying here

138 LAFAYETTE STREET, New York City, NY 10013

I believe that is near mid town. Could someone give me some good streets to walk down or where everything is.... aka china town, little italy...shit like that.
Closer to lower Manhattan, but only a short trip to the heart of midtown by bus or subway.

Take a free trip on the Staten Island Ferry, the ride is like 30 minutes each way and you get a pretty good view of NYC from the harbor.

yeah, you're not midtown. you're in soho (south of houston)

NYC does have its own union square. middle of manhattan around 14th street

7-11 on 23rd

Ahh yes. Grab a mountain dew Slurpee, then get some street meat from Rafiqi's across the avenue.

edit: But as for a serious recommendation...
Buy some beer/wine, then go to little india on 7th st and 2nd ave (or, somewhere near there. I forget). Eat a cheap meal at any restaurant here (you can byob at any of these places). Then, head to 6th street for a round at McSorley's (get the dark).
Then, you can walk around St. Marks place, and maybe check out Washington sq park (which actually kinda sucks at this time of year), and just roam around looking for interesting things. Theres probably some halloween stuff going on somewhere.

Last edited:
take a subway to the Canal St stop if you wanna hit Chinatown. Other than that, and from where you'll be, you can pretty much just walk any direction and find something interesting.

Ahh yes. Grab a mountain dew Slurpee, then get some street meat from Rafiqi's across the avenue.

edit: But as for a serious recommendation...
Buy some beer/wine, then go to little india on 7th st and 2nd ave (or, somewhere near there. I forget). Eat a cheap meal at any restaurant here (you can byob at any of these places). Then, head to 6th street for a round at McSorley's (get the dark).
Then, you can walk around St. Marks place, and maybe check out Washington sq park (which actually kinda sucks at this time of year), and just roam around looking for interesting things. Theres probably some halloween stuff going on somewhere.

Listen to this. Chinatown is a shithole unless you are there to eat. It's dirty and ridiculously crowded. McSorely's is a great bar though.

A one day subway pass is $7. Get a subway map, then you'll know where you are going. Go to Rector Street and you can see the WTC site. Head north and you'll end up at Times Square. Ride the subway all the way to Coney Island and you can get a hotdog at Nathans and see where they have the eating contest on July 4th. And you can ride the Cyclone roller coaster.

Back