Tribal guitarists....

G-Force

Veteran XX
Just picked up a starter type kit for electric guitar a few days ago, this are going okay so far, fingers fuck hurt but I love it. I know that will go away.

I found a good website for free lessons http://www.vguitarlessons.com/

The guy looks like a punk but he's pretty cool and gets me excited to practice.

Anyone have any really simple tabs that I should learn to practice first? Something really fucking basic please, I'm a total newb at this but I love music with all my heart. Metal is my passion and I hope to eventually play my favourite shit(I realize this will take alot of practice but I'm totally willing to put in the time).

A simple song that I would recognize the tune would be nice. It won't help any if I don't know how its supposed to sound :p

Thanks in advance.

I wish I started a long time ago. 29 is not a good time to start learning shit. I absorb shit like a rock at this age compared to back in the day but I have determination.

Alot of the songs off Metallica Kill'em All are easy to learn.. Seek and Destroy is a great starter song. It was the first song I learned how to play all the way through. :shrug:

what bands do you like? give a few and we can find slower/easy songs or whatever. walk by pantera is pretty simple, but you have to tune to drop d

I got my first guitar when I was 10. Well, it was my brother's, and I played it all the time. Then I got my own when I was 16 and I spent three years playing open chords....what a waste of time. I should have been taking lessons.

So go take some lessons. :)

I picked up drums at age 32, and played on an album last year. So don't think you won't get better. You will.

What are some of your favorite bands? We can better judge what to tell you to learn if we knew. "Metal" can mean anything from Slayer to Rush.

Some of the easiest beginning guitar shit to learn is anything by AC/DC, especially the old stuff (Back in Black or earlier).

I got my first guitar when I was 10. Well, it was my brother's, and I played it all the time. Then I got my own when I was 16 and I spent three years playing open chords....what a waste of time. I should have been taking lessons.

So go take some lessons. :)

I picked up drums at age 32, and played on an album last year. So don't think you won't get better. You will.

What are some of your favorite bands? We can better judge what to tell you to learn if we knew. "Metal" can mean anything from Slayer to Rush.

speaking of drums, i am interested in learning but i'd have to go the electric route due to my living situation. can you or anyone else give me some names of some sets that are great for an intermediate level drummer? I will be playing metal, btw

If you're a metal fan, and you want something easy and that'll get you feeling good about making loud noises with a guitar, try Enter Sandman.

fun way to rock out.

I started learning with some vehemence and necrophagist.

Realised I was terrible smashed the guitar, shoved the pick in my eye and set my hands on fire.

Then I could play
headbang.gif

Go to www.musictheory.net

Trust me man, go through all the lessons on there, youll have music theory grasped pretty well by the end of, that will help you IMMENSELY

Im tellin you, Ive been playing drums for 10 years, I HATE playing with people who dont know theory, its very hard to click then.

go there, learn it, then youll have a HUGE headstart at being a fuckin sweet metal guitarist.

I started learning with some vehemence and necrophagist.

Realised I was terrible smashed the guitar, shoved the pick in my eye and set my hands on fire.

Then I could play
headbang.gif

wait, why would you start with necrophagist ? Mohammed is a fuckin virtuoso at guitar, the man is fucking insane, and on top of it, he sings.. errr... grunts.

:lol:

Jesus, I cant even play Vehemence or Necrophagist that good. I cant imagine learning to play the guitar with their stuff.

Back