Regina Spektor

Wufei

Veteran XX
Not only are her songs so wierd they're awesome, but I'd also have lots of sex with her just because she has a badass voice.

1962p150.jpg

regina.jpg

She is very cool.

Her stuff is so odd that you almost have an excuse not to like some of it but she is so talented and interesting that she more than makes up for it.

She is very cool.

Her stuff is so odd that you almost have an excuse not to like some of it but she is so talented and interesting that she more than makes up for it.

That is the best description of her I have ever heard

Us is a damn awesome song

You guys have all been listening to her for a couple of years, right?

Or did she just start a tour or something?

nah, i just caught her video on vh1 the other day and I downloaded her cd. I'm thinking about getting the discography if her older stuff is good too.

Way to be emo.

I'd love for someone to define what 'emo' music is, without referring to hairstyles or nailpolish.

I was under the impression that it was "pussy punk".

And "pussy punk" essentially means music with no redeeming features. Punk accepts the fact that those playing it may be pretty ordinary musicians, but make up for it with a lot of anger and intensity. So it's bad musicians, with the anger reduced to mere angst.

woot for that.

Cliffs: I don't see how this fits into that category.

Last edited:
I'd love for someone to define what 'emo' music is, without referring to hairstyles or nailpolish.

I was under the impression that it was "pussy punk".

And "pussy punk" essentially means music with no redeeming features. Punk accepts the fact that those playing it may be pretty ordinary musicians, but make up for it with a lot of anger and intensity. So it's bad musicians, with the anger reduced to mere angst.

woot for that.

Cliffs: I don't see how this fits into that category.
All I know is that every faggot Emo Scene Highschool Wanna be girl that has a mullet has a hairstyle loves Regina Spektor.

All I know is that every faggot Emo Scene Highschool Wanna be girl that has a mullet has a hairstyle loves Regina Spektor.

Thaaannk u...fucking emo's, and hippies. I hung out with an old high school friend 2 weeks ago...we had lunch together...and mid way through lunch i noticed she didnt shave her fucking legs...i was like wtf. That will make any hot girl look ugly.

I can see what you're trying to say here, but I think even Reggs might be able to form a better sentence.

I'm glad you form opinions based on what other people think though, shows a remarkably strong character and individuality.

Aaaah, so it's John Lee Hooker and BB King then. Or maybe Johnny Cash? They complained about life a lot.

ok....emo music complains...but its about stupid shit....like how they get picked on in school, and how mom made me go to my room. And how they want to slit their wrists. ahhhh ir retarded.

I can see what you're trying to say here, but I think even Reggs might be able to form a better sentence.

I'm glad you form opinions based on what other people think though, shows a remarkably strong character and individuality.

Wow, as if I come to Tribalwar to write well thought out snippets of mental clarity for you, you know because my last 3 postings before that had been "is your penis on the right side", "Oh really" and something as equally stupid and mundane.

I form my opinions on the fact that Regina Spektor sucks ass musically, and her fan base is faux-intellectual high school aged girls that love music like her and "le Tigre" and equally stupid bullshit, yet somehow you're trying to defend them because you're probably the only person in your age group that even is close to listening to anything like that trash, and are just upset that the rest of the world doesn't understand your musical “genius” understanding of good experimental and far out music.

Give me a fucking break, you listen to trash, are defending trash that is only appreciated by 16 year old girls that have mullets, wear skirts with tights on under them, and babble pseudo-feminist crap on their myspaces. The only excuse you can have is you're 16 and a girl, and some how I don't think thats the case. Go listen to your music and fuck your self while doing so.

Edit: ninja grammar edit. :shock:

Back