Fuck you IE7

Hudson

Veteran XV
After installing IE 7 I go to reboot, The login screen comes up and there is a dialog box about a corrupted file in WINDOWS/$Security. Run Chkdisk.

So i run check disk. It comes up clean but the dialog is still there. IE7 Ruined windows like skiing ruined tribes.

I'm open for suggestions, if no constructive or helpful ones are posted I guess I'll reinstall Win.

After installing IE 7 I go to reboot, The login screen comes up and there is a dialog box about a corrupted file in WINDOWS/$Security. Run Chkdisk.

So i run check disk. It comes up clean but the dialog is still there. IE7 Ruined windows like skiing ruined tribes.

I'm open for suggestions, if no constructive or helpful ones are posted I guess I'll reinstall Win.
SP2 made my secondary comp refuse to boot, I had to back out the update.

MS + patches/upgrades = :sick:

Wish I could help, I've been using it since beta and never had a problem.

Though I did think it a little odd I had to uninstall between upgrades of it.

This is exactly why I waited until a real release. I was scared a beta or RC would fuck up my system :(

so chkdsk /f didnt fix anything? intermafesting...

I have no probs on my school pc with IE7... meaning i use firefox at home.
re-installing Windows should be your last resort, i dont think a dialogue box is reason enough to go through all that, but whatev.

Doesn't XP have one of those thingymabobs that saves the system settings every so and so many reboots?
If that doesn't help, try forcing an IE6 install after starting winderz in safe mode (if that works).

LOL BIG HEAD IE IS BETTER THAN FIRE FOX CAUSE IT'S BETTER AND SECURE LIKE MOFO'S BUTTHOLE.

IE7 just fucked explorer.exe to start and said normaliz.dll was missing. so i found that .dll on the internets on another comp and put it in the system32 folder and all is well now, although I am still using FF

security is a registry file, not an actual file.

Try booting to safe mode and restoring to yesterday or something.

Also, you can try Last Know Good, F8 on boot up.

Back