After 10 years, I know it's stupid to ask, but...

blackie420rx

he with no title++
Veteran XV
Could this finally be true?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...t&productCategoryId=cat02105&id=1149208575530
http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=T000469

Duke "polishes" his weapon
Thursday 7-Sep-2006 12:07 PM Duke Nukem Forever in polishing stage, according to 3DR head Broussard

Following recent revelations that large swathes of the Duke Nukem Forever development team at 3D Realms have left the company, president George Brouusard has hit back on various forums, claiming that the game is all present and correct and now entering the "polishing" stage.

Which would be a minor miracle, given that it has been in development for the best part of a decade (in fact, even longer than Prey). On the 3D Realms forum , Broussard said, somewhat defensively: "There's honestly nothing to be concerned about, People leave. People come. There's staff on the project you don't know about. You know some, you don't know most. There's truly nothing to worry about." And on Shacknews' forums, he said: "Physics and animation systems are virtually finished and shippable. It's simply maintenance and polish from here on out. We haven't needed to make substantial changes to those systems in months. The changes we have made, were made without great effort."

The reports named seven employees who left, who were mainly responsible for the physics and animation systems - which is why Broussard specifically mentions them. Which suggests his comments are plausible. But we still won't hold our breath in anticipation of the latest adventures of the cheesy, misogynistic, wisecracking and utterly heroic Duke. Was there ever a more appropriate name for a game than Duke Nukem Forever? Or more appropriate initials for a game than DNF?

*sigh* I doubt it :( but :boogie: if it is...

Bull-fucking-shit.

And even if it did come out, I still would not buy it for 3DR jerking the public around for seven years.

If it comes out, I'll buy it. Mostly because I want to see what ol' George has turned out after all this time.

I will be impressed if it uses the Quake2 engine.

Then again, the polishing stage is the actal level/texture/modelling stage.

I give it 5 years at least.

If the game comes out and makes money, he is gonna get hit with so many lawsuits it will make his head swim.

Bull-fucking-shit.

And even if it did come out, I still would not buy it for 3DR jerking the public around for seven years.

i would likely buy 2 copies just because they were able to keep interest in a games development over an entire fucking decade

thats impressive.

edit: lol @ the box art on best buys page

Last edited:
Back