PC SOFTWEAR SUCKS

sidharth

Veteran X
Ok, so I just got my new Latitude D620 Core 2 Duo from Dell today. The computer is fantastic technically and aesthetically even in comparison to my friends 15" Mac Book Pro.

But...on the SOFTWARE SIDE...fucking XP Pro and IE 7/Firefox (essentially the same thing now) are L-A-M-E!

Help with software suggestions to make my computer more pleasing?

Also could you be more vague? WTF, more pleasing? You want it to suck you off at every logon or what? What do you want it to do?

A couple of web browsers constitute all PC software sucking?

I suggest formatting the fucker and installing XP fresh without all the Dell bullshit they put on it.

try uninstalling all the macafee crap software that game on ur dell

then id get some themes and extensions for firefox ...maybe windows blinds if u want to spice up ur desktop a bit....look around for wintidy to shrink ur desktop icons...i love that program.

He wants shinies. And the fact that he equates FF and IE7 shows he knows dick about computers beyond this is a web browser with tabs, and this is a web browser with tabs.

You can never have enough "anti"spyware software. Try Spyware Stormer, Spyware Warrior, Spy Sheriff, SpyAxe. And don't ever, EVER install NOD32.

just an fyi computers are meant to be used...so find the most efficient setup for icons and programs for your computer....if it looks good its a bonus....its a tool not a piece of art.

you want swoopy colors and pretty shit? get a mac.

you want games? get a pc.

if you don't want to game, you should've gotten a mac, because they can do everything a PC can except for game.

Uh but since you already made your choice, get styleXP and then some custom shells from www.deviantart.com under "visual styles".

Then get objectdock, which is identical to the mac dock at the bottom of the screen. Then there's some widget program if you want those funky widget features that macs have.

beyond that, suck a dick, everybody else puts up with "unpleasing" software, you can too.

Back