Sam and Max on Wii - this should clinch it for any doubters left

Beren

TribalWar Aussie
Veteran XX
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=10907

September 18, 2006

Telltale Games In Talks With Nintendo

Telltale Games In Talks With Nintendo Independent game developer Telltale Games have revealed that the company has begun talks with Nintendo concerning the possibility of bringing PC graphic adventure title Sam & Max to the Wii.

The unusual progress of the game began on Thursday, September 14th when Telltale Web Marketing Coordinator Emily Morganti commented in an online blog on the company website that any fans interested in a version of the game on the Wii should contact Nintendo, while suggesting that the developer was also interested in the concept.

By Friday afternoon, Morganti indicated that the company had already been contacted by Nintendo and asked for fans to stop e-mailing on the topic. If the online action of fans does prove to have been successful for Telltale, then Morganti has been the first to point out the irony, given that the original LucasArts sequel to PC classic Sam & Max Hit The Road was cancelled despite a far lengthier campaign by fans.

One of fans' longstanding complaints of the Nintendo DS catalogue has been that, despite the touch screen control appearing to be highly suitable for PC style real-time strategy games and graphics adventures, no such titles have been forthcoming. This is largely seen as a result of Western developers specializing in the genres and yet being slow to produce original or ported products for portable consoles.

With the Wii also assumed to be suitable for such games, and first person shooters, there has already been concern at an apparent lack of interest from established PC developers in the West. Whether smaller developers such as Telltale Games will be able to take their place though remains to be seen.

ya i call it the piss or nintendo myself, but have to put the ohter name in the title so as to attempt to stop people posting ofn.

One of fans' longstanding complaints of the Nintendo DS catalogue has been that, despite the touch screen control appearing to be highly suitable for PC style real-time strategy games and graphics adventures, no such titles have been forthcoming

Have they not played Phoenix Wright?

ya i call it the piss or nintendo myself, but have to put the ohter name in the title so as to attempt to stop people posting ofn.
To my understanding, one cannot search for words that are under 4 characters. This means that searching for "sam max wii" will produce no results.

p.s. Sam & Max: Hit the Road is awesome

Back